China Xinhua News Network Corporation
|Television network, |
Satellite television and
|Founded||December 31, 2009|
He Ping (Editor-in-Chief)
|Products||Television content, Television programming|
|Owner||Government of China|
|Parent||Xinhua News Agency|
The China Xinhua News Network Corporation (CNC, Chinese: 中国新华新闻电视网; pinyin: zhōng guó xīn huá xīn wén diàn shì wǎng) is a state-owned, international communication platform affiliated to the Xinhua News Agency.
CNC owns and operates a TV news network and new media services. They are regarded as an attempt by China to enhance its global communications, develop its influence abroad and counter foreign media. It plays a part in the Chinese government's attempt to show an international vision with a Chinese perspective.
Until June 2016, Chinese and English CNC channels were accessible by satellite in about 200 countries and areas in the Asia-Pacific region, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
CNC World is a global, 24-hour, English language news channel, hoping to offer a better view of China to its international viewers. This was regarded as a logical step in the government's multi-billion-pound push for soft power.
The CNC Chinese Channel mainly covers Asia-Pacific and includes the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and other regions, with cable and wireless TV landing.
CNC Holdings Limited
CNC Holdings Limited (stock code:8356:HK), affiliated to CNC, is a Hong Kong-based investment holding company, chiefly engaged in the provision of waterworks engineering services. The Company operates through three segments:
- Provision of waterworks engineering services
- Television broadcasting
- Large outdoor display screen advertisement
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- CNC New Media: produces and publishes multimedia content for CNC's new media platforms.
- CNC Finance: Offers insight into the world of finance, maintaining the idea that they are "letting you stay in the know".
- CNC Documentary: Produces award-winning documentaries with the goal of showing China and the world from a new perspective.
- CNC Studio Broadcast Centre: a full media HD program on-site production, high-definition virtual technology production, and news broadcast platform, with Chinese and English channels 7*24 hours HD program broadcast control center.
- CNC Mobile: A video platform allowing viewers mobile access to news and programs.
- "China Puts Best Face Forward With News Channel". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "China funds English TV news channel CNC World in push for soft power". The Guardian. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "China's Xinhua launches global English TV channel". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "CNC金砖厦门会晤出精品". 新浪新闻. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "Profile:CNC Holdings Ltd (8356.HK)". Reuters. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- "CNC Holdings Ltd (8356:Stock Exchange Of Hong Kong Limited)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- "CNC Holdings Ltd, 8356:HKG summary". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-09-08.