|Born||1 February 1989|
Qingdao, Shandong Province
|FIDE rating||2538 (May 2019)|
|Peak rating||2585 (September 2013)|
He was a member of the gold medal-winning Chinese team at the Asian Nations Cup 2014 in Tabriz, Iran, where he also won the individual gold medal on the reserve board (board 5). Xiu played for the Chinese team also in the World Youth U16 Chess Olympiad of 2004, winning the team gold medal.
- "Board Medals". Asian Nations Cup 2014. Iranian Chess Federation. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Men's Asian Team Chess Championship: Xiu Deshun. OlimpBase.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: World Youth U16 Chess Olympiads :: Xiu Desun [sic]". www.olimpbase.org. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "The Week in Chess 753". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "The 12th Bangkok Chess Club under way". Chess News. ChessBase. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- Crowther, Mark (2013-08-26). "TWIC 981: 0th IGB Dato Arthur Tan Malaysian Open 2013". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
|This biographical article relating to a Chinese chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|