|Meaning||Different meanings depending on the kanji or hanja used|
|Region of origin||Japan and Korea|
|Look up Yumi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yumi is a Japanese or Korean name.
Yumi (ゆみ, ユミ,) is a common feminine Japanese given name which is occasionally used as a surname.
Yumi can be written using different kanji characters and as a given name can mean:
- 由美, "reason/cause, beauty"
- 裕美, "abundant, beauty"
- 夕実, "evening, fruit"
- 優美, "tenderness, beauty"'
- 裕未, "abundant, not yet"
- 悠美, "permanence, beauty"
- 祐美, "help/blessing, beauty"
- 由実, "reason/cause, fruit"
- 有美, "possessing beauty"
- 夕美, "evening, beauty"
- 友美, "friend, beauty"
- Yumi Adachi (安達 祐実, born 1981), Japanese actress and singer
- Yumi Adachi (synchronised swimmer) (足立 夢実, born 1989), Japanese synchronized swimmer
- Yumi Asō (奥村 由美), Japanese actress
- Yumi Hara (原 由実), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Hotta (堀田 由美), Japanese manga artist
- Yumi Inomata (猪又 由美, born 1968), Japanese cross-country skier
- Yumi Iwabuchi (岩渕 有美), Japanese Olympic softball player
- Yumi Kaeriyama (帰山 由美, born 1967), Japanese speed skater
- Yumi Kakazu (嘉数 由美), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Kida (貴田 裕美), Japanese long-distance swimmer
- Yumi Kobayashi (小林優美), Japanese fashion model
- Yumi Kokamo (小鴨 由水), retired female long-distance runner from Japan
- Yumi Kumakura (熊倉 由美), Japanese volleyball player
- Yumi Maruyama (丸山 由美), Japanese former Olympic volleyball player
- Yumi Matsutoya (松任谷 由実), Japanese singer
- Yumi Matsuzawa (松澤 由美), Japanese singer
- Yumi Morio (河合 由美), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Nakashima (中島 優美), Japanese singer
- Yumi Nakatani (中谷 ゆみ), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Ohka (阿部 由美子), Japanese professional wrestler
- Yumi Shimura (志村 由美, born 1982), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Shirakawa (白川 由美), former Japanese actress
- Yumi Stynes, Australian disc jockey for the Australian Channel V
- Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美), Japanese actress
- Yumi Suzuki (鈴木 夕湖, born 1991), Japanese curler
- Yumi Takada (高田 由美), Japanese voice actress
- Yumi Tōma (冬馬 由美 (吉田 由美), Japanese voice actress and singer
- Yumi Watanabe (渡邊 由美, born 1970), Japanese women's footballer
- Yumi Yoshimura (吉村 由美), the second half of the singing duo Puffy AmiYumi
- Yumi Yoshiyuki (吉行由美), Japanese film director, actress, and screenwriter
- Kaoru Yumi (由美かおる), Japanese actress
- Yumi, Otakuthon mascot
- Yumi (Ape Escape), a character in the video game Ape Escape
- Yumi Yoshimura, a character in the Japanese-American animated television series Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
- Yumi Fukuzawa (福沢 祐巳), the main character from the novel, manga, and anime series Maria-sama ga Miteru
- Yumi Ishiyama, a main character in the French animated television series Code Lyoko and Code Lyoko: Evolution
- Yumi Tsoi, an inconsistently-minded, non-carbon alien character. Lives entirely in Artem Syrmolotov's imagination
- Azusa Yumi (弓 梓), a character from the anime and manga series Soul Eater
- Yumi Omura (大村裕美) and yumi the persocom, two characters in the manga and anime series Chobits
- Yumi Ozawa, a character from Persona 4
- Yumi Sakata, a character in shōjo manga series Doubt!!
- Yumi Sawamura (澤村 由美), a character in the action-adventure video game Yakuza
- Sayaka Yumi (弓さやか), a character from the Mazinger manga and anime series
- Yumi Miyamoto, a character from the Detective Conan manga and anime series
- Corporal Yumi Nagumo (南雲弓), the main character of Marine Corps Yumi manga series. Uses the kanji 弓 "bow".
- Yumi Komagata, a character from anime and manga series Rurouni Kenshin
- Yumi from the Senran Kagura fighting video game franchise
- Aiko Yumi, a Japanese college professor and a dateable character in the dating simulation videogame HuniePop
|Meaning||Different meanings depending on the hanja used|
|Region of origin||Korea|
|Look up Yumi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yumi (유미), also spelled Yoomi, is a common feminine Korean given name.
The meaning of the name differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable. There are 62 hanja with the reading "yu" and 33 hanja with the reading "mi" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be registered for use in given names. Some examples include:
- Ha Yoo-mi (born 1965), South Korean actress
- Kim Yoo-mi (actress) (born 1980), South Korean actress
- Han Yoo-mi (born 1982), South Korean volleyball player
- Hwang Yu-mi (born 1983), South Korean badminton player
- Jung Yu-mi (actress born 1983), South Korean actress
- Jeong Yu-mi (actress born 1984), South Korean actress
- Jeon Yu-mi (born 1988), South Korean field hockey player
- Kim Yu-mi (Miss Korea) (born 1990), South Korean beauty pageant titleholder
- Kang Yu-mi (born 1991), South Korean football player
- Patty Yumi Cottrell (born 1981), Korean-American writer
- Bae Yu-mi, South Korean singer, member of M.I.L.K
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
|given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|