Yummy Yummy Yummy
|"Yummy Yummy Yummy"|
Cover of the German release
|Single by Ohio Express|
|from the album The Ohio Express|
|Songwriter(s)||Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine|
|Producer(s)||Jerry Kasenetz, Jeffry Katz, Joey Levine, Arthur Resnick|
Engineer: Bruce Staple
|Ohio Express singles chronology|
"Yummy Yummy Yummy" is a song by Arthur Resnick and Joey Levine, first recorded by Ohio Express in 1968. Their version reached No. 4 on the U.S. Pop Singles chart in June and No. 5 on the UK Singles Chart. It has since been covered by many artists. Ohio Express was a studio concoction and none of the "official" members appear on the record. Joey Levine sang lead vocals.
Joey Levine sang "Yummy Yummy Yummy" live for the first time ever in Henderson, Tennessee at the Caravan Of Stars XV, on May 17, 2008.
In television, the song has been used on The Simpsons in the episodes "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie" and "The Heartbroke Kid"; in the Monty Python's Flying Circus episode "How Not to Be Seen" (credited to the fictional band "Jackie Charlton and the Tonettes"); in the Futurama episode "Saturday Morning Fun Pit"; and a short musical segment of Timon and Pumbaa, where it is sung by the titular characters with modified lyrics.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Giorgio Moroder released a version as single A-side in 1968 (as Giorgio).
- Baccara recorded a Euro Pop version in the 1970s.
- Julie London recorded a cover for her album Yummy Yummy Yummy in 1968.
- The Residents recorded a cover for their album The Third Reich 'n Roll in 1975.
- L7 recorded a cover for their album Fast & Frightening in 2016.
- "Artist Search for "ohio express"". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Rollins, Samantha (2011-03-15). "The Ohio Express, 'Yummy Yummy Yummy' | Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics | TIME.com". Entertainment.time.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Rollins, Samantha (March 15, 2011). "The Beatles, 'I Am the Walrus' | Top 10 Songs with Silly Lyrics". Time. New York City: Meredith Corporation. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013) : Soundtracks". IMDb.com. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- Steffen Hung. "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Austriancharts.at. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Top 40-lijst van week 30, 1968". Top40.nl. 1968-07-27. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "The Irish Charts Search the Charts". Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "SA Charts 1965–March 1989". Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- Steffen Hung. "Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy". Hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Cash Box Top 100 Singles, June 22, 1968
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". collectionscanada.gc.ca.
- "Top 20 Hit Singles of 1968". Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1968/Top 100 Songs of 1968". musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- http://tropicalglen.com/Archives/60s_files/1968YESP.html Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 28, 1968