January 15, 1991|
Grozny, Chechen-Ingush ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Native name||Зубайра Тухугов|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||146 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
Featherweight (2013–present) |
|Fighting out of||
American Kickboxing Academy (2016-current) |
Berkut Fight Club
Master of Sports in Combat Sambo |
Master of Sports in Hand-to-Hand Combat
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Zubaira Alikhanovich Tukhugov (Russian: Зубайра Алиханович Тухугов; born January 15, 1991) is a Russian mixed martial artist of Chechen descent, who formerly fought in the Featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional MMA competitor since 2010, Tukhugov made a name for himself, fighting in promotions like Cage Warriors, ProFC, Fight Nights (EFN) and others, before joining the UFC in 2014. In 2016 he receive a USADA suspension for illegally using performance enhancing drugs. Then, on 6 October 2018, Dana White announced he would no longer be fighting for the UFC (despite the end of the suspension) due to his attack on Conor McGregor in the octagon following McGregor's match at UFC 229.
Mixed martial arts career
Tukhugov made his professional debut in 2010 beating his three opponents by winning Pankration Atrium Cup 2 eight man, one night tournament. After a 10-3 mixed martial arts records, he would be signed by the Russian promotion, Fight Nights, where he won all of his 3 fights, defeating Romano De Los Reyes, Harun Kina and Vaso Bakocevic. During his time on Fight Nights, Tukhugov did a fight for Cage Warriors, defeating Denys Pidnebesnyi at CWFC 58.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
In December 2013, it was announced that Tukhugov had signed a contract with UFC and was scheduled to make his promotional debut against Thiago Tavares on February 15 at UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi. However, Tavares was forced to pull out due to an undisclosed injury, and was replaced by UFC newcomer Douglas Silva de Andrade. Tukhugov dominated the fight and got a unanimous decision win.
Tukhugov next faced Renato Moicano on May 14, 2016 at UFC 198. In a controversial series of events, despite Tukhogov suffering a kick to the groin in the first round and again in the second round, referee Eduardo Herdy signaled the competitors to continue. Tukhogov lost the fight via split decision.
Tukhugov was expected to face Tiago Trator on December 9, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 102. However, on November 14, Tukhugov was pulled from the card after being notified by USADA of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected earlier. In February 2018, it was announced that Tukhugov received a two years USADA suspension and contributed USD ten thousand dollar for the arbitration proceedings in testing positive for ostarine from a sample collected on October 29, 2016.
Tukhugov was scheduled to face Artem Lobov on October 27, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 138. However, it was reported that Tukhugov was removed from the fight due his role in the UFC 229 post-fight melee.
UFC 229 Nurmagomedov-McGregor post-fight incident
At UFC 229, Khabib Nurmagomedov jumped the cage after his victory and charged toward Conor McGregor's cornerman Dillon Danis. Soon after, McGregor and Khabib's cousin Abubakar Nurmagomedov attempted to exit the octagon, but a scuffle broke out between them after McGregor punched Abubakar, who then punched him back. McGregor was then attacked by two of Khabib Nurmagomedov's cornermen, Turkhugov and Esed Emiragaev.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|22 matches||18 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||18–4||Renato Moicano||Decision (split)||UFC 198||May 14, 2016||3||5:00||Curitiba, Brazil|
|Win||18–3||Phillipe Nover||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant||December 10, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||17–3||Ernest Chavez||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Nelson vs. Story||October 4, 2014||1||4:21||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Win||16–3||Douglas Silva de Andrade||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi||February 15, 2014||3||5:00||Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil|
|Win||15–3||Vaso Bakocevic||KO (spinning back kick)||Fight Nights - Battle of Moscow 13||October 26, 2013||1||4:30||Moscow, Russia||Featherweight debut.|
|Win||14–3||Denys Pidnebesnyi||Decision (unanimous)||CWFC 58||August 24, 2013||3||5:00||Grozny, Russia||Catchweight (158 lbs) bout.|
|Win||13–3||Kuat Khamitov||Decision (split)||Alash Pride - Great Battle||March 30, 2013||2||5:00||Almaty, Kazakhstan|
|Win||12–3||Harun Kina||TKO (punches)||Fight Nights - Battle of Moscow 10||February 23, 2013||1||2:30||Moscow, Russia||Catchweight (157 lbs) bout.|
|Win||11–3||Romano De Los Reyes||Decision (unanimous)||Fight Nights - Battle of Moscow 8||November 3, 2012||2||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||10–3||Anatoliy Pokrovsky||Decision (unanimous)||League S-70: Russian Championship Finals||August 11, 2012||1||1:43||Sochi, Russia|
|Loss||9–3||Akhmet Aliev||KO (head kick)||League S-70: Russian Championship SF||May 25, 2012||1||3:19||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||9–2||Ivan Lapin||Decision (split)||League S-70: Russian Championship 3rd Round||April 6, 2012||3||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||8–2||Risim Mislimov||Decision (unanimous)||MMA Corona Cup 20||February 17, 2012||3||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Loss||7–2||Anton Telepnev||Decision (split)||ProFC 22||December 17, 2010||3||5:00||Rostov, Russia|
|Win||7–1||Murad Abdulaev||TKO (doctor stoppage)||ProFC - Russia Cup Stage 1||November 13, 2010||1||5:00||Taganrog, Russia||Russia Cup Stage 1 Lightweight Tournament Final.|
|Win||6–1||Rasul Shovhalov||Decision (unanimous)||ProFC - Russia Cup Stage 1||November 13, 2010||2||5:00||Taganrog, Russia||Russia Cup Stage 1 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal.|
|Loss||5–1||Murad Machaev||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Fight Nights - Battle of Moscow 1||June 5, 2010||1||1:17||Moscow, Russia||Battle of Moscow 1 Lightweight Tournament Final.|
|Win||5–0||Danil Turinghe||TKO (punches)||Fight Nights - Battle of Moscow 1||June 5, 2010||1||1:26||Moscow, Russia||Battle of Moscow 1 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal.|
|Win||4–0||Evgeniy Slonskiy||Decision (unanimous)||ProFC - Commonwealth Cup||April 23, 2010||2||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||3–0||Viktor Finagin||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Pankration Atrium Cup 2||March 10, 2010||2||N/A||Moscow, Russia||Pankration Atrium Cup 2 Lightweight Tournament Final.|
|Win||2–0||Roman Markovich||Decision (unanimous)||Pankration Atrium Cup 2||March 10, 2010||3||5:00||Moscow, Russia||Pankration Atrium Cup 2 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal.|
|Win||1–0||Isa Musaev||Decision (unanimous)||Pankration Atrium Cup 2||March 10, 2010||3||5:00||Moscow, Russia||Pankration Atrium Cup 2 Lightweight Opening Round.|
- "Zubaira Tukhugovv". sherdog.com. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "Zubaira Tukhugov - Former UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- Staff (2014-02-06). "Newcomer Douglas de Andrade meets Zubair Tuhugov at UFC Fight Night 36". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 18, 2014. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "Zubaira Tukhugovv vs. Thiago Tavares". chechensport.com. Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- Staff (2015-09-17). "UFC Fight Night 80 gets slew of new bouts". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-12-10). "UFC Fight Night 80 results: Zubaira Tukhugov takes split decision over Phillipe Nover". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-03-15). "UFC 198 update: Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Renato Carneiro set for May 14 in Brazil". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "UFC 198 play-by-play and live results". mmajunkie.com. May 14, 2016. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- "UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic post-fight results and analysis". May 15, 2016. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Staff (2016-10-14). "UFC Fight Night 102 gets eight new fights". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- UFC press release (2016-11-14). "UFC statement on Zubaira Tukhugov". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "UFC's Ruslan Magomedov and Zubaira Tukhugov accept two-year USADA suspensions". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-15. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- DNA, MMA (2018-08-18). "Lang verwacht gevecht Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Artem Lobov tijdens UFC Moncton". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2018-08-20.
- Staff (2018-10-07). "Zubaira Tukhugov speaks out after slapping Conor McGregor 'as promised'". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- "Khabib's cousin Abubakar Nurmagomedov shows damage inflicted on him by Conor McGregor". JOE. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- "Dana White's Warning Message To Khabib Nurmagomedov After UFC 229 Match". 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Васильев, Руслан. "На Макгрегора напали после боя. Кто эти люди?". sport.business-gazeta.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- Sherdog.com. "Zubaira". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-10-08.