|Comune di Zuglio|
|Frazioni||Fielis, Formeaso, Sezza|
|• Mayor||Stelio Dorissa|
|• Total||8.3 km2 (3.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||425 m (1,394 ft)|
|• Density||76/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Zuglio is a comune (municipality), former bishopric and Latin Catholic titular see in the Province of Udine in the northeastern Italian autonomous region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, located about 110 kilometres (68 mi) northwest of Trieste and about 45 kilometres (28 mi) northwest of Udine in the Val Bût.
Its territory include the Pieve of San Pietro in Carnia, one of the oldest churches in Friuli. Zuglio is also home to an archaeological museum including remains from the old Roman town (Iulium Carnicum) and the whole Carnia.
The Diocese of Zuglio (Italian) or Iulium Carnicum (in Latin) was established in 380 AD and suppressed in 740, its territory being merged into the Patriarchate of Aquileia.
- Suffragan Bishops of Zuglio
(Roman Rite) (incomplete)
- Amanzio (393 – death 413)
- Ianuario (480 – death 490)
- Massenzio (571? – 591?)
- Fidenzio (705? – ?)
- Amatore (737? – ?)
In 1967 the diocese was nominally restored as Latin Catholic Titular bishopric of Zuglio (Italiano) alias Iulium Carnicum.
It has had the following incumbents, of the fitting episcopal (lowest) rank or the higher archiepiscopal (intermediary) rank :
- Titular Bishop Aldo Gobbi (1967.04.22 – 1973.11.29)
- Titular Bishop Emilio Pizzoni (1974.03.21 – 1985.08.01)
- Titular Bishop Pietro Brollo (1985.10.21 – 1996.01.02) as Auxiliary Bishop of Udine (Italy) (1985.10.21 – 1996.01.02); later Bishop of Belluno–Feltre (Italy) (1996.01.02 – 2000.10.28), Metropolitan Archbishop of above Udine (Italy) (2000.10.28 – death 2009.08.20)
- Titular Bishop Alfred Kipkoech Arap Rotich (1996.03.09 – 1997.08.29)
- Titular Archbishop Mario Zenari (1999.07.12 – ...), Apostolic Nuncio (papal ambassador) to Syria
- Rosegg, Austria
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This Friuli – Venezia Giulia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|