||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (February 2015)|
AOC International (trading as AOC, formerly Admiral Overseas Corporation) is a multinational electronics company headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan and a subsidiary of TPV Technology. It designs and produces a full range of IPS and TFT monitors and LCD TVs which are sold worldwide under the AOC brand.
Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) was founded in Chicago, Illinois, by Ross Siragusa as the Asian arm of his Admiral Corporation, and later established in Taiwan in 1967 as the first manufacturer of color televisions for export. In 1978, Admiral Overseas Corporation was renamed AOC International. Direct Marketing under the AOC brand name began in 1979. From 1988 to 1997, AOC established its sales offices in United States, China, Europe, and Brazil. AOC was launched in India and Mexico in 2005 and 2006 respectively. Today AOC products including CRT & LCD monitors, LCD TVs, All in One units, and Android Tablets, are available in more than 40 countries globally.
- 1934 - Admiral was founded in Chicago, Illinois by Ross Siragusa.
- 1947 - Admiral company and brand established in USA; one of the first to produce color television sets.
- 1951 - Admiral sold 5 million television sets.
- 1967 - Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) was established in Taiwan; 1st manufacturer of color televisions for export.
- 1978 - Admiral Overseas Corporation was renamed to AOC International.
- 1979 - Started direct marketing under AOC brand name.
- 1982 - AOC brand was registered worldwide.
- 1988 to 1997 - AOC established sales offices in United States, China, Europe, and Brazil selling monitors.
- 1999 to 2001 - AOC entered the display markets in New Zealand and Australia.
- 2005 - AOC was launched in India.
- 2006 - AOC was launched in Mexico.
- 2007 to 2009 - AOC is selling in more than 40 countries globally; products include CRT & LCD monitors, LCD TVs, and All-In-One PCs.
In 2006, AOC was selected in Info 200 Company – top 200 in technology, Brazil (from 82nd in 2005 to 59th position in 2006). AOC ranked Top 3 in monitor category in “2007 Best Brands Survey” by PC World in Brazil. Same year AOC received “Fast growing company in LCD monitors market” from CCID Consulting in China. AOC was ranked 33 of Global Top 50 CE Brands by IDG in CES Daily magazine in 2008. AOC also received “Consumers’ Brand of Choice” by China Computer Users Association in 2008. The same year AOC received Best in Hardware IT Monitors (Top 100 IT & Telecom, IDG ComputerWorld Magazine) in Brazil. In 2009, AOC was awarded as Power Brand Malaysia 2009 (Global CEO Magazine). Over the years AOC products have won several design awards including the prestigious Red Dot Design Award in 2008. In 2007 and 2008 several awards were conferred to AOC products in India by Digit & Chip magazines.. 123