|Traded as||TWSE: 2376|
|Headquarters||Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Key people||Pei-Chen Yeh (Chairman)
Ming-Hsiung Liu (CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 1.7 Billion (2013)|
|Operating income||US$ 60.4 Million (2013)|
|Profit||US$ 78.9 Million (2013)|
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 技嘉科技; pinyin: Jìjiā Kējì), is a international manufacturer and distributor of computer hardware products, best known for its award-winning motherboards. The company is publicly held and traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Gigabyte unveils its first Ultra-Durable motherboards.
- Gigabyte develops the world's first software-controlled power supply.
- Gigabyte is awarded "Taiwan's Top 20 Global Brands" by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council.
- Gigabyte launches the world’s first Z68 motherboard.
Amongst the products produced by Gigabyte, it designs and and manufactures motherboards for both AMD and Intel platforms. Gigabyte have also been a prolific producer of graphics cards, making use of both AMD and Nvidia GPUs in their designs, including the Geforce GTX 880M and Radeon R9 290X.
Other products of Gigabyte also have included desktop computers, tablet computers, ultrabooks, mobile phones, personal digital assistants, server motherboards, server racks, networking equipment, optical drives, computer monitors, mice, keyboards, cooling components, power supplies, and computer cases.
Motherboard naming convention
Gigabyte uses a special naming system for their motherboards. For example, using the GA-P35-DS3R, the first segment, GA, indicates that it is manufactured by Gigabyte. The second segment indicates the chipset, the Intel P35. The third segment indicates the model and what features the motherboard has.
- "Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Pei-Chen Yeh". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Genesis Gaming Desktop, Origin PC, 30 August 2014
- "Gigabyte Announces Ultra-Durable "All-Solid Capacitor" Motherboard". PCSTATS. 5 June 2006. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "ASUS and Gigabyte Form Joint Venture". Digitimes.com. 8 August 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte's New Odin GT 800W Power Supply". AnandTech. 24 July 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte Ranked Top 20 in Taiwan's Global Brands". TAITRA. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte Launches Charge for Apple Products". SemiAccurate. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte Showcases Z68 Motherboards". Digitimes.com. 31 May 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte Installs 60A Power ICs onto Motherboards". Xbitlabs.com. 4 June 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Gigabyte to Perform Exceptionally Well in 2013". TechPowerUp. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Gigabyte Expected to Post 28-year High". Digitimes.com. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Gigabyte Announces U2442N and U2442V Ultrabooks". Maximum PC. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Windows 7: Hybrid Computer from Gigabyte (German), Netzwelt, Retrieved 15 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gigabyte.|