A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving
|A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving|
Screenshot of the dinner scene
|Directed by||Jun Falkenstein|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Television Studios|
|Release date(s)||November 22, 1998|
|Running time||22 Minutes|
A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving is a 1998 made-for-TV special featuring the voice talents of Jim Cummings, Paul Winchell, and John Fiedler. The special shows Pooh and his friends learning the true meaning of Thanksgiving. It was nominated for Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Children's Program.
It's Thanksgiving time in the Hundred Acre Wood and Winnie the Pooh and his friends bring food for the big dinner. Piglet brings haycorns(acorns), Pooh brings honey, Owl brings biscuits, and Tigger brings ice cream. But things change when Rabbit informs them that Thanksgiving is a special time of year that should include things special items, so Pooh and the gang set off to find those very items.
- Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh / Tigger (singing voice)
- John Fiedler as Piglet (voice)
- Paul Winchell as Tigger (speaking voice)
- Peter Cullen as Eeyore (voice)
- Ken Sansom as Rabbit (voice)
- Andre Stojka as Owl (voice)
- Michael Gough as Gopher (voice)
- Brady Bluhm as Christopher Robin (voice)
- David Warner as Narrator (voice)
The special originally aired Thanksgiving Day 1998 at 8 pm on ABC. It reaired every year on Thanksgiving for several years afterward; however, it has not been aired since 2003. According to TVTango.com's ratings database, the first airing brought in a 3.8 household Nielsen rating.
The video has not been released by itself in the United States, with the exception of specially released tapes that were given to members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for that year's show. It was released as part of the VHS cassette Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving along with select episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in 1999.
- 1999 Primetime Emmy Awards from IMDB
- New York Times Review (1998)
- Spreier, Jeanne (November 22, 1998). "Pooh serves Thanksgiving dessert" (Fee required). Dallas Morning News. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- Langdale, Joss (November 24, 1998). "Pooh and friends make Thanksgiving special" (Scanned image). Georgia: Calhoun Times. Walker County Messenger. pp. 1, 2. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- King, Susan (Nov 26, 1998). "Weekend TV; Parades, Specials Put Viewers on the Holiday Bandwagon" (Fee required). Los Angeles Times. p. 65. Retrieved May 22, 2009. "'Tis the weekend for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a new Winnie the Pooh special, the Hollywood Christmas Parade and several ice skating specials."