| • Mayor
| • Member of Parliament
|Elevation||1,900 m (6,200 ft)|
|• Total||55,758(est. 2,009)|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Postal Code||73911-***** to 73991-*****|
Abadeh (Persian: آباده , also Romanized as Ābādeh) is a city in and the capital of Abadeh County, in Fars Province, Iran. Abadeh is situated at an elevation of 6,200 feet (1,890 m) in a fertile plain on the high road between Isfahan and Shiraz, 140 miles (230 km) from the former and 170 miles (270 km) from the latter. At the 2006 census, its population was 52,042, in 14,184 families. As of 2009, the population was estimated to be 59042.
It is the largest city in the Abadeh-Eghlid district, which is famed for its carved wood-work, made of the wood of pear and box trees. Sesame oil, castor oil, grain, and various fruits are also produced there. The area is famous for its Abadeh rugs.
Landmarks and crafts
Abadeh historical monuments include Emirate Kolah Farangi, Tymcheh Sarafyan and Khaje tomb, located in the Khoja mountains. Abadeh crafts can be embroidered in cotton. The town also produces Abadeh rugs.
Expressway 65 passes through Abadeh. This situation helps Abadeh to improve its capabilities compared to the neighboring city, Eqlid. Road 78 makes connections from Abadeh to Abarkuh, Yazd Eqlid and Yasuj. It has a junction with Abadeh Shiraz Expressway 24 km south of the city. A road starts from Abadeh Ring Road to Soqad and Semirom, Road 55.
The railroad from Isfahan to Shiraz passes Abadeh and there are train services at Abadeh Railway Station to Shiraz, Esfahan, Tehran and Mashad. Abadeh airport (OISA) was planned to be built in Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani's presidential period.
Abadeh's main sport is Football, like the rest of the country. The main stadium is Takhti Stadium located in Mo'allem Square. The main team in Abadeh is Behineh Rahbar Abadeh F.C. which is currently playing in Iran Football's 3rd Division after finishing first in Fars Provincial League (FPL) last year. It played in Hazfi Cup 2010-11 reaching the fourth round.
Air Defense Base
Iran announced in 2012 the construction of the largest air defense site in the southern Iranian city of Abadeh.
- مهدی رهنما بعنوان شهردار آباده انتخاب شد
- Abadeh can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3051024" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Abadeh". Encyclopædia Britannica 1 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 6.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)" (Excel). Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original on 2011-11-11.
- Iran Statics Organization