|No. 8 – Sidigas Avellino|
|League||Lega Basket Serie A|
12 April 1989 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59th overall|
|Selected by the San Antonio Spurs|
|2013–||Laboral Kutxa Vitoria|
|Career highlights and awards|
Ádám Hanga (Hungarian: Hanga Ádám, born 12 April 1989) is a Hungarian professional basketball player who currently plays for Sidigas Avellino of the Lega Basket Serie A. His NBA rights were acquired by the San Antonio Spurs in the 2011 NBA Draft, as the 59th pick of the draft.
Hanga was born to a Hungarian mother and an Equatoguinean father, who studied in Hungary that time. His father left the family when Ádám was 3 years old and he was brought up by his mother and maternal grandparents.
Hanga began his career by Albacomp in 2006, at the age of 17, and stayed with the Székesfehérvár-based club until 2011. In June 2009 he was invited to the Adidas Eurocamp, an event that is held annually in Treviso for top-flight players aged between 18 and 21. After three days of training and scrimmages, he was ranked the sixth best non-U.S. player in his age group. 2010 turned out to be his breakout season, as he dominated the Hungarian league. In May 2011 he moved to the Spanish championship, signing for Bàsquet Manresa.
- "Spurs Select Joseph And Hanga In 2011 NBA Draft". nba.com. 23 June 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Hanga I, rey de Hungría" (in Spanish). ACB.com. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "Rankings – International '89". Draft Express. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Hanga Ádám a spanyol élvonalban folytatja" (in Hungarian). Nemzeti Sport Online. 25 May 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "El Assignia Manresa ficha a la perla del basket húngaro". marca.com (in Spanish). 27 May 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "LABORAL KUTXA brings in Hanga". Euroleague.net. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Sidigas Avellino officially lands Adam Hanga on loan". Sportando.com. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|