Araku Valley Scenic View
|Elevation||912 m (2,992 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Araku Valley (Telugu: అరకు లోయ) is a Hill station in Visakhapatnam district in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is a valley in the Eastern Ghats inhabited by different tribes. Araku Valley is one of the least polluted and less commercialized tourist destinations in South India.
Araku is located at  It has an average elevation of 911 metres (2,989 ft)..
It is located 114 km from Vishakhapatnam, close to the Odisha state border. The Anantagiri and Sunkarimetta Reserved Forest which are part of Araku Valley, are rich in biodiversity. This valley is surrounded by mountains like Galikonda, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta and Chitamogondi. Galikonda hill rising to a height of 5,000 feet (1,500 m) is one of the highest in Andhra Pradesh. The average rainfall is 1700 mm, bulk of which is received during June–October.
Araku is popular for its famous coffee plantations. India’s first tribal growers’ organic coffee brand was launched in the Araku Valley in 2007. The premium organic "Araku Emerald" brand of coffee sells globally. Thousands of tribals in the Agency area are engaged in coffee cultivation as farm hands or small farmers.
The valley is connected through both rail and road to the city of Vishakapatnam. There are two railway stations at Araku and Araku Valley on the Kothavalasa-Kirandul railway line of Visakhapatnam division of the East Coast Railway, on the Indian Railways network. Shimiliguda railway station is located at an altitude of 996 meters above mean sea level.
- Baski (village and panchayat)
- Bondam (village and panchayat)
- Chinna Labudu (village and panchayat)
- Chompi (village and panchayat)
- Gannela (village and panchayat)
- Iragai (village and panchayat)
- Kotha Bhalluguda (village and panchayat)
- Lotheru (village and panchayat)
- Madagada (village and panchayat)
- Madala (village and panchayat)
- Padmapuram (village and panchayat)
- Pedda Labudu (village and panchayat)
- Siragam (village and panchayat)
- Sunkarametta (village and panchayat)
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Archived from the original on 9 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Araku
- Need for conservation of biodiversity in Araku Valley, Andhra Pradesh
- Cheated: how Andhra Pradesh is circumventing all regulations to mine bauxite from tribal land
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Araku Valley.|
- Araku Valley Pictures of Tribal museum, Horticulture nursery, Tribal dancing & Borra caves.