Ashok Chakradhar (born February 8, 1951) is a Hindi author and poet. He also remained professor in Hindi literature at Jamia Millia Islamia University in Delhi. He specializes in satire and comedy. He is also a recites his poetry at Kavi sammelan-style, poetry gatherings.
Early life and background
He was a professor and in Hindi Department at Jamia Millia Islamia University in Delhi.
Ashok Chakradhar has won many prestigious national awards for literature. He has been actively associated with radio and television and has scripted a number of dramas, satires and poems for children. He has appeared in some television soaps like "Chhoti Si Asha" with Sandhya Mridul on Sony TV and has hosted the] show "Wah Wah!!" for SAB TV. He has also acted in various television serials. He has performed in Hindi Kavi Sammelan for several decades. He also writes Bal-Geet. He has represented all classes of society in his poetry.
He has taken voluntary retirement from Jamia Milia Islamia in 2004.
He is related to Kaka Hathrasi as he married to (Kaka's niece, Ms Bageshri).
Film script writing
He wrote story of Jamuna Kinare(1983)a Braj Bhasha language feature filmwhich made by his father-in-law Kaka Hathrasi  under the banner of "Kaka Hathrasi Films Production" and produced, directed and music composed by his brother-in-law Dr. Laxminarayan Garg
'Rang Jamaa Lo', 'Bitiyaa Kee Sisakee', 'Bandariyaa Chalee Sasuraal', ‘Jab Rahaa na koee Chaaraa’, ‘Jaane kyaa Tapake’.
'koel Kaa Sitaar', 'Snehaa Kaa Sapnaa', 'Heeron Kee Choree', 'Ek Bagiyaa Main'
Adult educational literature
'Naee Dagar', 'Apaahij Kaun', 'Hamane Muhim Chalaaee', 'Bhaee Bhaut Achchhe', 'Badal Jaayengee Rekhaa', 'Taaumra Kaa Aaraam', 'Gharhe Oopar Handiyaa' 'To Kyaa Hotaa Jee', 'Aise Hotee Hai Shaadee', 'Rotee Ye Dhartee Dekho', 'Kab Talak Sahtee Rahen', 'Apnaa Haq Apnee Zameen', 'Kahaanee Jo Aankhon Se Bahee', 'Aur Police Par Bhee', 'Mazdooree Kee Raah', 'Jugat Karo Jeene Kee', 'Aur Kitne Din', Novel Manautee
- 'Muktibodh Kee Kaavya Prakriyaa', 'Chaayaa Ke Baad', 'Muktibodh Kee Kavitaaee', 'Muktibodh Kee Samikshaaee'
- Screen Play(Patakathaa): 'Gulaabri', 'Bol-Basanto',
- Translation:'Itihaas Kya Hai' ('What is History' by E.H. Carr), ‘Goongee Abhivyaktiyaan’ (Long Poem by Dr. L. N. Mishra)
- Editing: 'Sammelan Samaachaar Samagra’, VII Vishva Hindi Sammelan, Suriname
- List show at personal website
- "Padma Awards Announced". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- Official Site at Jamia Millia Islamia
- Personal website (Hindi)
- Various articles of Ashok Chakradhar at Shabdankan (Hindi)
- Books by Ashok Chakradharji at Pustak.org
- Poems of Ashok Chakradhar at Kavita Kosh (Hindi)
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|