List of Bangladeshi writers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Bangladeshi Writers)
- Abdul Ahad (Bengali: আবদুল আহাদ ) (1920–1994)
- Abdul Hakim (Bangla: আব্দুল হাকিম) (born 1620), poet
- Akhtaruzzaman Ilias (Bangla: আখতারুজ্জামান ইলিয়াস)(1943–1997), novelist and short story writer
- Al Mahmud (born 1936), poet
- Anisul Hoque (Bengali: আনিসুল হক)(born 1965)
- Ali Zaker
- Ahsan Habib
- Ahmed Sofa
- Begum Rokeya (Roquia Sakhawat Hussain) Bangla: (বেগম রোকেয়া), (1880–1932), author and social worker
- Dilwar Khan (born 1937), poet
- Hasan Azizul Huq (Bangla: হাসান আজিজুল হক) (born 1939), writer
- Humayun Azad (Bangla: হুমায়ুন আজাদ) (1947–2004) writer and scholar
- Humayun Ahmed (Bangla: হুমায়ূন আহেমদ) (1948-2012), author and playwright
- Humayun Kabir Dhali, author and journalist
- Jahanara Imam (Bengali: জাহানারা ইমাম) (1929–1994)
- Jahir Raihan (Bengali: জহির রায়হান) (1935 – c. 1972)
- Jasim Uddin (Jasimuddin) (Bangla: জসীমউদ্দীন) (full name Jasimuddin Mollah) (1903–1976)
- Kazi Nazrul Islam (Bengali: কাজী নজরুল ইসলাম Kazi Nozrul Islam) (1899–1976)
- K. Anis Ahmed (born 1971)
- Mir Mosharraf Hossain (Bangla: মীর মশাররফ হোসেন) (1847–1912)
- Muhammad Asadullah Al-Ghalib (Arabic: د.محمد اسد الله الغالب; Bengali: ড. মুহাম্মাদ আসাদুল্লাহ আল-গালিব) (b. January 15, 1948) A reformist Islamic scholar, educator and religious leader.
- Muhammed Zafar Iqbal also "Zafar Iqbal" (Bengali: মুহম্মদ জাফর ইকবাল) (born 23 December 1952), Bangladeshi author of science fiction and children's literature.
- Munir Chowdhury also "Munier Chowdhury" (Bengali: মুনীর চৌধুরী) (1925–1971), educator, playwright, literary critic and political dissident
- Nurul Momen (Bangla: নুরুল মোমেন) (November 25, 1908 – February 16, 1990), also known as Natyaguru, was an educationist, playwright, director, humorist, lawyer, broadcaster, philanthropist and essayist of Bangladesh. He is often referred to as the "Father of Bangladeshi theatre".
- Nirmalendu Goon
- Neamat Imam: novelist, playwright and poet. Notable for The Black Coat, a novel, published by Penguin India, which presents a scathing criticism of Sheikh Mujib's rule. Other work: Amar Rashtro Amar Nagorik (poetry) and Boidik (novella).
- Rashid Askari (Bengali:রাশিদ আসকারী (born: June 1, 1965),writer,columnist,fictionist, and academic; has earned literary acclaim for his debut short story book in English -Nineteen seventy one and other stories(2012).
- Rashid Haider(Bengali: রশীদ হায়দার) is a modern Bangladeshi author and novelist
- Rashid Karim (Bengali: রশীদ করিম (1925-2011),popular novelist of Bangladesh.
- Selina Hossain (Bengali: সেলিনা হোসেন) (born 1947), journalist, filmmaker, human rights activist, and author
- Shahriar Kabir (Bengali: শাহরিয়ার কবীর)
- Shamsur Rahman (Bangla: শামসুর রাহমান Shamsur Rŭhman) (1929–2006), poet, columnist and journalist
- Sufia Kamal (Bangla: সুফিয়া কামাল) (1911–1999), poet, writer, organizer, feminist and activist
- Syed Waliullah (সৈয়দ ওয়ালিউল্লাহ) (1922–1971), novelist, short-story writer and playwright
- Taslima Nasrin, probably the most controversial writer to date in Bangla literature.
- Tahmima Anam. Anam is most popular for her debut novel in English, A Golden Age (UK: 2007). Her second novel is called The Good Muslim and came out in 2011.