|US$ 165 million (2011)|
BelAZ (Belarusian: Беларускі аўтамабільны завод or БелАЗ, Romanized: Belaruski autamabilny zawod or BelAZ) is a Belarusian manufacturer of haulage and earthmoving equipment based in Zhodzina. The factory opened its door in 1948 and has produced over 120,000 vehicles for use in the Soviet Union.
BELAZ is a site for one of the largest Commonwealth of Independent States investment project. The factory finalized two of the three scheduled phases of the technical re-equipment and upgrades. The Quality Management System applied in research and development, fabrication, erection and after-sale service of the equipment complies with international ISO 9000 standards.
- In 1948, a peat extraction machinery plant was constructed by the railroad station Žodzina.
- In 1951 the plant was expanded into the plant of road construction and land improvement machinery and renamed into "Dormash" (Дормаш), an abbreviation for "дорожное машиностроение", "road construction machinery building".
- In 1958 it was renamed into BelAZ. Initially it produced MAZ trucks.
- In 1961 the first 27-tonne BelAZ pit and quarry dump truck was manufactured.
- In 1990 a 280-tonne truck was manufactured.
- In 2001 the director of BelAZ plant, Pavel Maryev, was awarded the order Hero of Belarus.
- In 2005 plans were revealed for production of BelAZ-75600 with 320 tonne (352,600 kg, or 352.6 tons) capacity, ordered by Kuzbass mining.
- In fall of 2006 the first delivery of BelAZ-75600.
- In April 2012, BelAZ announced it would hold an IPO – the first in Belarus.
- In September 2013, BelAZ presented the first sample of mining dump truck BelAZ-75710, the world largest dump truck with 450 tons load capacity.
Mining dump trucks
- MAZ-525, 25 t (1958–1965)
- BelAZ-540, 27 t (1965)
- BelAZ-540B, 45 t
- BelAZ-548A, 40 t (1967)
- BelAZ-548B, 65 t
- BelAZ-549, 75–80 t (1969)
- BelAZ-7519, 110–120 t (1977)
- BelAZ-7521, 180 t (1979)
- BelAZ-75211, 170–220 t (1983)
Current model range
Mining dump trucks
- BelAZ-7540, 30 t
- BelAZ-7545, 45 t
- BelAZ-7547, 42–45 t
- BelAZ-7555, 55–60 t (since 1994)
- BelAZ-7557, 90 t
- BelAZ-7513, 110–130 t (since 1996)
- BelAZ-7517, 154–160 t
- BelAZ-7530, 180–220 t
- BelAZ-7531, 240 t
- BelAZ-7560, 320–360 t
- BelAZ-7558, 90 t
- BelAZ-7571, 450 t (since 2013)
Note: New models are highlighted in bold.
Construction & road-building vehicles
- MoAZ-4048, front-end loader, 7.5 t
- BelAZ-7822, front-end loader, 7 t
- BelAZ-7823, wheel dozer
- MoAZ-60148, scraper
- MoAZ-60007, scraper
- Concrete mixer trucks
- MoAZ-75296, low-profile mining and tunneling concrete mixer truck
- BelAZ-74212, aircraft tug
- Articulated haulers
- Underground vehicles
- Vehicles for mine-servicing works
- Vehicles for metallurgical works
- Goods wagons: covered hoppers, open wagons, flat wagons
Sponsorship in football
- 1989-1993: BelAZ Zhodino
- BelAZ-75600 - off-highway, ultra class haul trucks
- BelAZ-75710 - the world's largest and heaviest dump truck.
- Два новых карьерных самосвала "БелАЗ-75600" грузоподъемностью 320 т. (in Russian). 2006-09-11. Retrieved 2009-03-20.
- "BelAZ Truck to hold first Belarusian IPO". Steelguru. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "BELAZ produced the world's largest dump truck with 450 tons load capacity". Land of Ancestors. 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "BelAZ. Our Products. Mining Dump Trucks". Retrieved 9 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BelAZ vehicles.|
- BelAZ home page in English
- BelAZ's channel on YouTube
- Belaz Autoworks on Flickr
- BelAz gallery, in Russian
- The fullest technical information. 3D models BELAZ