From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Mayor||Jean-Guy Lecouteux|
|• Land1||6.56 km2 (2.53 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||320/km2 (840/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||76069 / 76240|
|Elevation||2–161 m (6.6–528.2 ft)
(avg. 156 m or 512 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
Places of interest
- The church of Notre-Dame, dating from the sixteenth century.
- A menhir.
- The eighteenth-century château with its dovecote and park.
- The sixteenth-century chapel of Saint-Bonaventure & Saint-Adrien, built around a cave in the cliffs overlooking the river.
- Jacques Anquetil, cyclist, lived here in the 1960s.
- Claude Bébéar, businessman, the founder of AXA Assurance, lived here.
- Official town website (French)
- Belbeuf Rowing Club = Club Nautique de Belbeuf (French) rowing on the Seine, in picturesque surroundings, a few kilometres upstream of Rouen
- Belbeuf on the Quid website (French)
|This Rouen geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|