Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
|Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens|
Promotional poster for the film.
|Directed by||Victor Cook|
|Produced by||Kurt Weldon (line producer)
Victor Cook (supervising producer)
Mark Eyers, Rick Fernandes, Silas Hickey, and Vishnu Athreya
|Written by||Marty Isenberg|
|Based on||Ben 10
by Man Of Action
|Music by||Kristopher Carter
|Production company||Tiny Island Productions
Cartoon Network Asia
Cartoon Network Studios
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Running time||69 minutes|
Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens (originally titled Ben 10: Alien Dimensions) is a computer-animated science fiction action film that premiered on Cartoon Network Asia on March 11, 2012, and in the United States on Cartoon Network March 23, 2012, as part of "Ben 10 Week" which ran from March 19, 2012 – March 24, 2012. It was officially unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con International 2011. This is Cartoon Network Asia's first film in collaboration with Cartoon Network Studios. The movie would be Cartoon Network's first CG animated movie as well as the first time the Ben 10 universe would be interpreted in full CG. Tiny Island Productions, producer of qubo's Shelldon, provided the CGI for the film. David Kwok, CEO of Tiny Island Productions, commented that having an opportunity to work on the film was amazing and challenging. This movie took place after the first "Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix" movie.
Taking place shortly after the events of the original Ben 10, Ben, Gwen and Grandpa Max spend their evenings fighting aliens on the streets of Bellwood. During a battle against a robotic tank, Ben as Upgrade and Gwen argue about the best way to defeat it, leading to Gwen using a magenta-colored glowing dismantling spell on the tank while Ben is attached. Unknown to the children, this leads to a malfunction in the Omnitrix.
Later, after a mishap in school where the Omnitrix accidentally teleports his homework, Ben is grounded by his parents and forced to stay home and do a history report. Ben attempts to work on the report before the Omnitrix teleports his laptop away as well. Shortly afterwards, Tetrax Shard arrives and tells Ben that Azmuth has asked to meet with him. They go to meet Azmuth but are attacked by an evil version of Waybig. Tetrax and Ben fight the alien, who is also teleported into the Omnitrix, though neither of them is aware of it. Tetrax decides to take Ben to meet Azmuth and activates a new function on the Omnitrix. Before he can explain this new ability, the ship is attacked and Ben is sucked out into the atmosphere, falling to the ground as Diamondhead. It is later revealed that the new ability prevents Ben from returning to human form when he times out, simply switching alien forms. Ben as Fourarms arrives at Stonehenge and is attacked by a Galvanic Mechamorph who demands to know about the alien that attacked Ben. Ben tries to explain that he know nothing, but the Mechamorph only continues to attack and the pair carry their battle across the globe, destroying part of Stonehenge and nearly damaging Cristo Redentor in Rio de Janeiro and in Egypt before arriving back in Bellwood. Ben transforms into Grey Matter and manages to escape the Mechamorph.
Meanwhile, Gwen and Grandpa Max receive a call from Ben's parents Carl and Sandra informing them that Ben has escaped the house. They go in search of him, only to find Tetrax and discover Azmuth's ship. Looking at the ship's log, they discover that Azmuth disguised it as a semi truck to track down and fix the malfunctioning Omnitrix, but crashed and was destroyed by the evil Waybig. After escaping the Mechamorph, they soon encounter Ben back at his house and Tetrax restores Ben's Omnitrix to normal just as the Mechamorph catches up to them. Gwen sees how the Omnitrix reacts after Ben returns to human form and deduces what has happened just as she, Ben, Tetrax and the Mechamorph are transported into the Omnitrix.
Inside, Ben and the Mechamorph continue to battle before being attacked by a swarm of Stinkflies just as Gwen and Tetrax are ambushed by a herd of Wildmutt. The four catch up with each other and Gwen explains what has happened and they realize that the evil Waybig is inside with them just as he resurfaces. The Mechamorph, revealed to be Azmuth's father, attacks the Waybig in revenge for killing his son while Gwen explains to Ben about the malfunction that she caused to the Omnitrix when she cast the dismantling spell on the robotic tank while Ben was attached to it. She uses Azmuth's father to reverse the transportation and return them to Earth. Unfortunately, the Omnitrix malfunctions again and transforms Ben's parents into Wildmutt and Heatblast, causing Gwen to realize that the evil Waybig is Azmuth himself. Leaving Grandpa Max and Tetrax to handle his parents, Ben and Gwen follow Azmuth's father and the evil Waybig to the city park where Ben transforms into Waybig to subdue Azmuth while he and Gwen try to reverse the transformation. They soon convince Azmuth's father that his son is the very alien they are fighting and the three work together to convince Azmuth to regain control over himself, fix the Omnitrix and return Azmuth to normal. Azmuth reprimands Ben and Gwen for their errors and reveals his father is a Grey Matter wielding a Mechamorph-type armor.
Returning to Ben's house, Azmuth restores Ben's parents to normal, and repairs the Rust bucket before leaving with his own father. Ben's parents, having forgotten that they grounded Ben, tell him to enjoy his fishing trip with Grandpa Max and Gwen. Ben declines, having learned to be more responsible, and stays home to finish his history report. The movie ends with Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max on another road trip where they encounter Doctor Animo and the three prepare for another exciting battle.
- Tara Strong - Ben Tennyson, Upgrade, Sandra Tennyson<
- Meagan Smith - Gwen Tennyson
- Paul Eiding - Grandpa Max
- Steven Blum - Heatblast, Mechamorph
- Dee Bradley Baker - Stinkfly, Wildmutt, Carl Tennyson
- Richard McGonagle - Fourarms
- Richard Steven Horvitz - Grey Matter
- Jim Ward - Diamondhead
- Troy Baker - Azmuth's father
- Dwight Schultz - Dr. Animo
- Nina Teo - Ben's Girl classmatea
- Xander Ching - Ben's Boy classmatea
- Victor Cook - Director, Supervising producer
- Silas Hickey - Executive producer
- Marty Isenberg - Writer
- Collette Sunderman - Casting and Voice Director
- Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific - Creative animation director
To promote the film a toy line, manufactured by Bandai has been announced to launch around the same time the film premieres. Cartoon Network Asia and Philippines held a contest for one male and one female to be "immortalized in Ben 10 history." The two winners would receive "the ultimate voice over role," assorted prizes (clothing, toys, etc.) and a VIP limo ride to walk on the "green carpet" at the Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens premiere. A similar competition was held in Malaysia and the Middle East. Filipino viewers heard the Philippine winners while the rest of Southeast Asia will hear the Malaysian kids. The winners of the contest in Philippines were later revealed to be Nina Teo and Xander Ching who are voicing two of Ben's classmates. Cartoon Network Africa held a contest to win Green Movie Tickets to the exclusive premiere of the film in Johannesburg on March 10, 2012.
Madman Entertainment released Destroy All Aliens in Region 4 on June 20, 2012. Warner Home Video released the film in Region 2 on October 1, 2012. The film will also be released in Region 1 on April 16, 2013.
The film received positive reviews, as it currently holds a 83% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on audience reviews. Emily Ashby of Commonsense Media gave Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens a 3 out of 5. Although criticizing on how much violence exists in the context of the story Ashby states that the story emphasizes the joy of family, even when that comes with rules a person that does not like.
The film won the Best 3D Animated Program category at the Asian Television Awards 2012 as well as the Gold Award for Best Movie Campaign in the 2012 ProMax Awards. The award demonstrated the high level of animation talent on show in Asia and the talent available here, commented Sunny Saha from Turner International.
- ^a Nina Teo and Xander Ching are featured only in the Philippines version of the film.
- Ben 10 Road Trip Rumble short film from Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens.
- Ben 10
- Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix
- Ben 10: Race Against Time
- Ben 10: Protector of Earth
- List of Ben 10 episodes
- Getzler, Wendy Goldman. "Ben 10 lands television movie". Kidscreen. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- "Cartoon Network to show CGI animated TV film on Ben 10". Indian Television. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- "Ben 10 destroys aliens in CGI". Asia OnScreen. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- McLean, Thomas J. "Cartoon Networks Set CG 'Ben 10 TV Movie for 2012". Animation Magazine. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Zahed, Ramin. "Singapore's Tiny Island Works On Ben10 MovieI". AnimationMagazine. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Coming Up In March - Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". Cartoon Network. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- Arrant, Chris (August 25, 2011). "Singapore’s Tiny Island to Work On "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens"". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "'Ben 10 - Destroy All Aliens' to premiere on Cartoon Network". MB.com.ph. March 8, 2012. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network 2011: Johnny Bravo Goes to Bollywood e Ben 10 – Alien Dimensions | Anime, Mangá e TV – ANMTV". Anmtv.xpg.com.br. 2010-11-26. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- Arrant, Chris (March 5, 2012). "Cartoon Network Celebrates Ben 10 Week March 19–24, 2012; "Destroy All Aliens" Premieres March 23". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Cartoon Network to Celebrate BEN 10 Week with New Movie and More | SciFi Mania
- "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". Cartoon Network. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- Sarto, Dan (March 5, 2012). "Ben 10 Destroy All Aliens Movie to Premiere on Cartoon Network in March". Animation World Network. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens brings CG Ben 10 to Cartoon Network". ToonBarn. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "Boy wonder in CGI". New Straits Times. February 15, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network (February 3, 2012). "Filipino kids' voices in 'Ben 10'". Asia One. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- Sarto, Dan (March 5, 2012). "Ben 10 Destroy All Aliens Movie to Premiere on Cartoon Network in March". Animation World Network. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- Carter, Stu (January 21, 2012). "Ben 10 Destroy All Aliens Toys Preview w/ Retaliator Hong Kong Licensing Show". YouTube. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "What's Up With That Alien?". Cartoon Network Asia. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- Pulumbarit, Oliver M. "Filipino kids’ voices in ‘Ben 10’". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". DSTV. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- "PlayStation Store - Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". PlayStation.com. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Ashby, Emily. "Common Sense Media - Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens". Commonsense Media. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 27, 2012). "Ratings Notes for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TBS, TNT: NCAA Basketball, 'Conan','Southland', 'The Mentalist', 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Adventure Time' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Nomination List for 2012 - Asian Television Awards". Asian Television Awards. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Asian Television Awards 2012". Asian Television Awards. Retrieved December 7, 2012.
- "ProMaxBDA Asia Awards 2012". Promax Awards. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Ben 10 sweeps aside competition in Asia http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/casbaa-news/4487-ben-10-sweeps-aside-competition-in-asia-
- Ben 10™ Destroy All Aliens - Australia
- Ben 10™ Destroy All Aliens - Asia
- Ben 10™ Destroy All Aliens - IMDB