Boston Minuteman Council
|Boston Minuteman Council (#227)|
|Scout Executive||Chuck Eaton|
The Boston Minuteman Council serves the greater Boston area.
1993 - The Boston Minuteman Council #227 was formed from the merger of:
- Minuteman Council #240 (Stoneham, 1959–1993)
- Greater Boston Council #227 (Boston, 1980–1993)
1959 - The Minuteman Council (Stoneham, 1959–1993) was formed from a merger of:
- Sachem Council #223 (Lexington, 1926–1959)
- Fellsland Council #242 (Winchester, 1932–1959)
- Quannopowitt Council #240 (Malden, 1993-1959)
The Cambridge Council #229 (Cambridge, 1919–2001) and their Kahagon Order of the Arrow Lodge #131 were merged into the Boston Minuteman Council in 2001.
The council is divided into the following districts:
- Flintlock District (includes the communities of Bedford, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Hanscom AFB, Lexington, Lincoln, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Wakefield, Winchester, and Woburn)
- Sons of Liberty District (includes the communities of Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Charlestown, Chelsea, East Boston, Everett, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Revere, Somerville, Waltham and Watertown)
- Great Blue Hill District (includes the communities of Allston, Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Brighton, Brookline, Dedham, Dorchester, Dover, Hyde Park, Islington, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, Milton, Needham, Quincy, Roslindale, Roxbury, South Boston, West Roxbury, Westwood)
It has four camps:
- Camp Sayre, in the Blue Hills Reservation, Milton, MA
- Camp Massasoit in Plymouth, MA,
- T.L. Storer Scout Reservation in Barnstead, New Hampshire, and
- Parker Mountain Scout Reservation in Strafford, New Hampshire.
Order of the Arrow
Moswetuset Lodge (#52) is named for Moswetuset Hummock in Quincy, and was the name of the lodge for the previously absorbed Quincy Council.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boston Minuteman Council.|
- Mary Moore (2011-10-14). "Boy Scouts map new trail". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Hook, James; Franck, Dave; Austin, Steve (1982). An Aid to Collecting Selected Council Shoulder Patches with Valuation.