|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chess openings.|
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Opening theory in chess|
A simple descriptive categorization of the chess opening is King's Pawn Openings, Queen's Pawn Openings, and Others. Since these categories are still individually very large, it is common to divide them further. One reasonable way to group the openings is
- Double King Pawn or Open Games (1.e4 e5)
- Single King Pawn or Semi-Open Games (1.e4 other)
- Double Queen Pawn or Closed Games (1.d4 d5)
- Single Queen Pawn or Semi-Closed Games (1.d4 other)
- Flank openings (including 1.c4, 1.Nf3, 1.f4, and others)
- Irregular chess openings
The Indian systems (1.d4 Nf6) are the most important of the Semi-Closed Games, and warrant separate treatment.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Chess traps (17 P)
The following 165 pages are in this category, out of 165 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).