Champions Indoor Football
|Current season, competition or edition:
2015 Champions Indoor Football season
|No. of teams||9|
Champions Indoor Football (CIF) is a professional indoor American football league created in 2014 out of the merger between the Champions Professional Indoor Football League (CPIFL) and Lone Star Football League (LSFL), plus one team from the Indoor Football League and two expansion teams.
Formation of the league
The Gary Dawgs, originally announced as a charter member of the CIF, rebranded as the Illiana Eagles after a change in ownership and delayed their entry into the league until 2016. On February 21, 2015, the new owners of the New Mexico Stars announced that the team would not enter the league as planned after head coach Dominic Bramante resigned two weeks before the scheduled start of training camp. On March 3, the Albuquerque-based Duke City Gladiators announced they were joining the CIF for the 2015 season and would play an abbreviated 11-game schedule as a partial replacement for the New Mexico Stars.
|Amarillo Venom||Amarillo, Texas||Amarillo Civic Center||2003||2014||Julian Reese|
|Dodge City Law||Dodge City, Kansas||United Wireless Arena||2013||2014||Sean Ponder|
|Duke City Gladiators||Albuquerque, New Mexico||Tingley Coliseum||2015||2015||Dominic Bramante|
|Omaha Beef||Ralston, Nebraska||Ralston Arena||1999||2014||Cory Ross|
|Salina Bombers||Salina, Kansas||Bicentennial Center||2012||2014||Bob Ray|
|San Angelo Bandits||San Angelo, Texas||Foster Communications Coliseum||2012||2014||Joey Longoria|
|Sioux City Bandits||Sioux City, Iowa||Tyson Events Center||2000||2014||Erv Strohbeen|
|Texas Revolution||Allen, Texas||Allen Event Center||2000||2014||Devin Wyman|
|Wichita Force||Wichita, Kansas||Intrust Bank Arena||2014||2014||Paco Martinez|
|Dodge City Law||6||1||.857||379||335|
|Sioux City Bandits||3||3||.500||329||264|
|Duke City Gladiators||2||2||.500||155||175|
|San Angelo Bandits||1||5||.167||229||290|
- Krieger, Dan (September 22, 2014). "Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report". Our Sports Central. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Ewing, Shane (August 22, 2014). "CPIFL and LSFL merger creates league called "Champions Indoor Football"". Wichita, KS: KAKE. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Two indoor football leagues talk merger". San Angelo Standard-Times (San Angelo, TX: Scripps Media, Inc). July 31, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- Hamnik, Al (October 14, 2014). "Northwest Indiana's CIFL Dawgs to sit out the 2015 season". The Times of Northwest Indiana (Munster, IN: Lee Enterprises). Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- Burbridge, John (January 23, 2015). "Illiana Eagles set indoor football flight plan for the CIF 2016 season". The Times of Northwest Indiana (Munster, IN: Lee Enterprises). Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Christ, Bob (February 22, 2015). "NM Stars owners pull plug on season". Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM). Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Christ, Bob (March 3, 2015). "Gladiators will compete in Champions League". Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, NM). Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Grant, Ethan (April 2, 2015). "Wyman supplants Davis as Revs HC: Former DC promoted four games into CIF season". Allen American (Allen, TX: Star Local News). Retrieved April 3, 2015.