||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Municipality and town|
|• Total||1,505 sq mi (3,898 km2)|
|Population (2006)Instituto Nacional de Estatística, Angola. Instituto Nacional de Segurança Social, Angola.|
|• Density||40/sq mi (16/km2)|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
Geography & Territory
With an extension of 3.898 km2, and a density of population of 16 inhabitants per km2, it is limited with the towns of Caála and Tchicala Tcholoanga in Huambo Province in the North, with Jamba town in the South, with Kuvango in the East and with Caconda and Chicomba in the West.
Its population is estimated in 33.244 inhabitants (2.006)., distributed in two comunas, Chipindo Sede and Bambi, that are constituited by seven regedorías, Tchitata, Camoanha, Sangueve, Capembe e Bundjei (Chipindo Sede), Catapua, Bambi sede (Bambi), and a great number of aldeias in each comuna. During the raining season traffic is strongly reduced due to the bad shape of the roads.
It has a small landing runway.
It has a tropical arid weather, with two differentiated seasons, raining season from September to April and dry season from May to August with low temperatures.
Mother tongue of most of the population is Umbundu, spoken by the majority of Umbundu people, although it exist a part of the population belonging to Gangela people, especially in the West, close to Kuvango. The population is in its majority of strong traditional beliefs.
Since the end of the war, for the first time in 14 years, since March 19, 2002, a local administration was established.
- CHIPINDO SEDE: town center. Local Administration, police, Catholic church, Health center, School and Hospital (under construction in 2004). Aldea de Mbuandangui: 2 km from Chipindo sede, Action Against Hunger base (as of 2005). Regidurias: Sangueve, Camoanha, Tchitata, Capembe and Bundjei.
- BAMBI: South of the town. Health post.
Regidurias: Catapua, Bambi sede.
- Bundjei: North of the town. Health center.
- "City councils of Angola". Statoids. Retrieved April 9, 2009.
- http://www.xist.org/cntry/angola.aspx?levels=Huila Instituto Nacional de Estatística, Angola. Instituto Nacional de Segurança Social, Angola