Confederate Corners, California
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||221451|
Confederate Corners (formerly, Springtown and Spring Town) is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California. It is located 2 miles (3.2 km) south-southwest of Salinas, on California State Route 68. The elevation is 52 feet (16 m).
Originally Springtown or Spring Town, the place was named Confederate Corners after some Southerners settled there in the late 1860s.
In the California State Legislature, Confederate Corners is in the 12th Senate District, represented by Republican Anthony Cannella, and in the 30th Assembly District, represented by Democrat Luis Alejo.
- "Confederate Corners". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 887. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- "California's 20th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|