Confederate Corners, California
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
Confederate Corners (formerly, Springtown and Spring Town) is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California. It is located 2 miles (3.2 km) south-southwest of Salinas, at an elevation of 52 feet (16 m).
Originally Springtown or Spring Town, the place was named Confederate Corners after some Southerners settled there in the late 1860s.
At the county level, Confederate Corners is represented on the Monterey County Board of Supervisors by Supervisor Dave Potter . In the California State Assembly, Confederate Corners is represented by Bill Monning as part of the 27th Assembly district. In the State Senate, Confederate Corners is represented by Sam Blakeslee as part of the 15th State Senate district. In the U.S. House of Representatives, Confederate Corners is part of California's 17th congressional district, represented by Sam Farr.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Confederate Corners, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 887. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Bill Monning - Biography". Bill Monning, California State Assemblyman, 27th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "District Map". Sam Blakeslee, California State Senator, 15th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "The 17th District: About the 17th District of California". Sam Farr, United States Congressman, California's 17th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|