View over Danderyd, 2006
|• Total||32.67 km2 (12.61 sq mi)|
|• Land||26.4 km2 (10.2 sq mi)|
|• Water||6.27 km2 (2.42 sq mi) 18.6%|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (March 31, 2015)|
|• Density||990/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Danderyd Municipality (Danderyds kommun) is a municipality just north of Stockholm in Stockholm County in east central Sweden. It is one of the smallest municipalities of Sweden, but the most affluent. Its seat is located in Djursholm.
The "old" rural municipality Danderyd was split up during the early 20th century, when Djursholm and Stocksund broke away in 1901 and 1910 respectively. Since 1971 Danderyd Municipality is reunified in approximately the old boundaries.
Jonas Gustavsson, the NHL player, Jakob Lindberg, the lutenist, and Christian Lindberg, the trombone soloist, were born here.
|District||Population (2006)" |
The population in Danderyd Municipality is among the most affluent in the country, having the highest average taxed income per capita. One of the reasons for this is the high price on real estate, which in turn is partially due to a restrictive policy on new developments by the municipality council.
The high income of the population has enabled the municipality to maintain a relatively low rate of taxation, but a government redistribution scheme intended to transfer money from municipalities with a better than average economic situation is one factor that has forced the local government to raise the municipal income tax somewhat in the last few years.[when?]
Danderyd is served by the Stockholm public transport system through SL. There are two stations on the Stockholm metro red line: Danderyds sjukhus and Mörby centrum. There are also several stops on the narrow gauge Roslagsbanan suburban railway as well as an extensive bus network.
- Ted Brithen (born 1990), ice hockey player
- Hanna Stjärne (born 1969), CEO) SVT
- Niklas Engberg (born 1995), Skilegend
- Christian Lindberg(born 1958), musician and conductor
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (MICROSOFT EXCEL) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 mars 2015" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. May 11, 2015. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- "Statistics from Danderyd.se". Retrieved February 25, 2007.
- Danderyd Municipality - Official site