|Founded||July 21, 2008|
|Headquarters||Itasca, IL, USA|
|Key people||Joseph R. Skurla, President|
DuPont Danisco Cellulosic Ethanol LLC is a 50/50 joint venture between DuPont and Genencor, a subsidiary of Danisco. The company is accelerating development and deployment of cellulosic ethanol, which is ethanol made from non-food biomass. DDCE plans to license its technology and also will engage in limited operations of cellulosic ethanol biorefineries.
The company's collaborations include work with Genera Energy and the University of Tennessee Research Foundation DDCE has constructed a demonstration-scale biorefinery and research and development facility for cellulosic ethanol in Vonore, Tennessee. The plant went into operation at the end of 2009.
- DuPont Danisco Cellulosic Ethanol, LLC - Frequently asked questions
- DuPont, Genencor Form JV to Produce Cellulosic Ethanol. By: Sissell, Kara, Chemical Week, 0009272X, 5/12/2008, Vol. 170, Issue 15
- "DuPont Danisco and University of Tennessee Partner on a farm-to-fuel program that includes an operating demonstration-scale facility in Vonore, Tennessee and establshing a robust supply chain for energy crops, including switchgrass. - AOL Money & Finance". aol.com. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "DuPont-Danisco in Tennessee cellulosic ethanol project". Cleantech Group. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- Chemical Week; 7/28/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 23, p4-5, 2p
|This biotechnology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|