Ellen J. Kullman
|Ellen J. Kullman|
Kullman at the Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 30, 2009.
January 22, 1956
|Alma mater||Tufts University
|Home town||Wilmington, Delaware|
|Salary||$11.3 million (2010, including salary, bonuses and stock options)|
|Title||President, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of DuPont|
|Board member of||DuPont (2008-present)
General Motors (2004-2008) United Technologies (2009-present)
Ellen J. Kullman (born January 22, 1956, Wilmington, Delaware) is an American business executive. She is President, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company ("DuPont") in Wilmington and a former director of General Motors. Forbes ranked her 4th of the 100 Most Powerful Women in 2011.
Early life 
Kullman was born Ellen Jamison, the younger daughter of Joseph and Margaret Jamison. She has two older brothers and an older sister. Kullman attended Tower Hill School in Wilmington, and then studied mechanical engineering at Tufts University where she received her bachelor's degree in 1978. In 1983 she received a master's degree in management from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Kullman began her business career at General Electric and joined DuPont in 1988 as marketing manager in the company's medical imaging business. In her previous role as executive vice president she was responsible for four of DuPont's business platforms as well as leading the company's growth in markets outside the USA.
DuPont's board of directors elected Kullman President and a director of the company with effect from October 1, 2008 and Chief Executive Officer with effect from January 1, 2009. She is the nineteenth executive, and the first woman, to lead the company in its 206 year history. Fortune magazine named Kullman fifteenth in its list of the world's fifty most powerful women for 2008, and fifth on the list for 2009 and 2010. The Wall Street Journal named her eighth on its 2008 list of "Women to Watch".
Kullman has also previously been awarded Sellinger's Business Leader of the Year.
Personal life 
- "DuPont CEO got $11.3M pay package in 2010 - Yahoo! Finance". finance.yahoo.com. March 18, 2011. Archived from the original on March 18, 2011. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Eder, Andrew. "A new era dawns at DuPont Co.". delawareonline.com. Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-09-24.
- "Biographical information on Ellen Kullman". www.webcitation.org. Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com. 2009-08-19. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11.
- "Ellen Kullman - 50 Most Powerful Women in Business 2011 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com". cnn.com. 2011 [last update]. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "DuPont: Investor Center —News Release". phx.corporate-ir.net. Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- "Bloomberg.com: News". www.bloomberg.com. Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-09-24.
- "50 Most Powerful Women —Ellen Kullman (15) - FORTUNE". cnn.com. Archived from the original on 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "50 Most Powerful Women - 7. Ellen Kullman (7) - FORTUNE". cnn.com. 2009-09-15. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11. Retrieved October 1, 2010.
- "50 Most Powerful Women - Ellen Kullman (7) - FORTUNE". cnn.com. 2010-09-30. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11. Retrieved October 1, 2010.
- Crittenden, Michael R. (2008-11-10). "Women to Watch — WSJ.com". online.wsj.com. Archived from the original on 2008-11-10. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "WebCite archive of General Motors: Investors: Corp Governance: Board of Directors as of 09/29/08". www.webcitation.org. Retrieved 2009-02-22.
- "DuPont president resigns from GM board — MarketWatch". www.marketwatch.com. Archived from the original on 2011-03-11. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Trustee Information — Office of the Trustees — Tufts University". www.tufts.edu. Archived from the original on 2008-11-18. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "DuPont names Ellen Kullman as chair - MarketWatch". www.marketwatch.com. Archived from the original on 2009-11-06. Retrieved 2009-11-06.
- "DuPont's Board of Directors Appoints Ellen Kullman Chair". www.prnewswire.com. Archived from the original on 2009-11-06. Retrieved 2009-11-06.
- The Business Council, Official website, Executive Committee
- "DuPont CEO Ellen J. Kullman named Sellinger's Business Leader of the Year". Loyola University Maryland. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ellen J. Kullman|