Embraer Phenom 100
|Role||Very light jet|
|First flight||26 July 2007|
US$4.4 million for an FAA compliant, 2013 delivery
|Variants||Embraer Phenom 300|
It has a capacity for four passengers in its normal configuration, but it can carry up to six passengers with a single crew, with optional side facing seat and belted toilet. It has a maximum flying range of 1,178 nmi (2,182 km) with four occupants and NBAA IFR Reserves. As of 1 January 2009, its price was US$ 3.6 million, with the first aircraft delivered in December 2008.
The aircraft is fitted with two rear-mounted Pratt & Whitney Canada PW617-F turbofan engines rated at a take-off thrust of 1,695 lb to ISA+10. The engines have dual full authority digital engine control (FADEC). An automatic performance reserve (APR) feature boosts engine output to 1,777 lb in the event of engine failure on take-off.
- April 2005: Embraer's Board of Directors approves of Embraer introduction into the Very Light and Light jet categories.
- May 3, 2005: Embraer launches the Very Light Jet and Light Jet aircraft to complement its executive jets portfolio.
- October 6, 2005: BMW Group DesignworksUSA selected to design the aircraft cabin interiors.
- November 8, 2005: Embraer selects Garmin to supply the integrated avionics suite for its new Light and Very Light Jets. Embraer's chooses the name Prodigy for its flight decks.
- November 9, 2005: Embraer revealed the names of its new very light and light jets – the Phenom 100 and the Phenom 300 at the annual NBAA convention together with full-scale mock-ups of the aircraft.
- June 7, 2006: First metal cut for the Phenom 100 program.
- June 29, 2006: First run of the Phenom 100's PW617F engine performed at Pratt & Whitney Canada facilities.
- June 16, 2007: First Phenom 100 was rolled out at the Company's headquarters, in São José dos Campos, Brazil.
- July 26, 2007: First flight of Phenom 100.
- December 9, 2008: Brazil's National Civil Aviation Authority (Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil – ANAC) type certification.
- December 12, 2008: FAA type certification.
- December 24, 2008: First delivery of Phenom 100 to private customer.
- April 24, 2009: EASA type certification.
- August 16, 2009: Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) type certification.
The aircraft is operated by many private individuals, companies, fractionals, charter operators, aircraft management companies, and military operators.
Embraer was originally planning to deliver 15 Phenom 100s in 2008 and 120–150 aircraft in 2009 but it ended up only delivering two aircraft in 2008 and had to trim its 2009 plan to 97 aircraft.
|Number of deliveries||2||97||100||41||29||30|
Data from Embraer Phenom 100 brochure
- Crew: 1 or 2 pilots
- Capacity: 4 passengers standard (6 maximum)
- Payload: 595 kg (1,312 lb)
- Length: 12.80 m (42 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 12.30 m (40 ft 4 in)
- Height: 4.4 m (14 ft 3 in)
- Empty weight: 3,235 kg (7,132 lb)
- Useful load: 1,535 kg (3,384 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 4,750 kg (10,472 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW617F-E turbofans, 7.2 kN (1,695 lbf) each
- Maximum speed: 722 km/h,449 mp/h (390 ktas)
- Range: 2,182 km (NBAA IFR reserves, 4 occupants) (1,178 NM)
- Service ceiling: 12,500 m (41,000 ft)
Embraer "Prodigy" Flight Deck 100 (based on Garmin G1000)
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Eclipse 500
- Cessna Citation Mustang
- Cessna Citation CJ
- Honda Jet
- Spectrum S-33 Independence
- by James Wynbrandt (2012-05-16). "Embraer’s Phenom 100 Fleets Reaches 100k Hours | Aviation International News". Ainonline.com. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- FAA Type Certificate Data Sheet No. A59CE. In particular, see A59CE, Note 6.
- "Embraer Executive Jets Competitive Analysis" 22 August 2011
- Embraer Earns Phenom 100 Certification, Flying Magazine, 136, 3, 17
- Business & Commercial Aviation - October 2008
- "Brazil approves Phenom 100 very light jet" By John Croft, FlightGlobal. 16 December 2008
- "Embraer's Phenom 100 Executive Jet Receives U.S. FAA Type Certificate" 15 December 2008
- "Embraer makes first foray into Pakistan". Flight International: 8. 31 March 2009.
-  Embraer Phenom 100 brochure (downloaded 09-Jan-2008)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Embraer Phenom 100.|
- Embraer executive jets website.
- First flight press release.
- Press Release - Embraer's Phenom 100 Executive Jet receives U.S FAA type certificate
- Friday, 5 December 2007 - JetBird gears up to launch low-cost executive air taxi programme
- Thursday, 8 May 2008 - Embraer's Phenom 100 completes cold soak tests
- Thursday, 1 January 2009 - Embraer Phenom 100 earns its license to fly
- Tuesday, 13 January 2009 - Embraer sets full-year delivery record
- Friday, 6 February 2009 - Phenom 100 flight test: building on a Legacy
- Wednesday, 30 July 2007 - SaxonAir orders Phenom 100 to keep more business in-house
- Embraer Phenom 100 Review by a Cessna Citation Mustang Owner