|Erbil Governorate (Hewlêr)
Districts and sub districts.
|Governor||Nawzad Hadi Mawlood|
|• Total||15,074 km2 (5,820 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Erbil Governorate (Arabic: أربيل Arbīl, Kurdish: Hawler, Syriac: ܐܪܒܝܠ Arbel, Turkmen: Erbil) is one of the governorates of Iraq, located in the autonomous Kurdistan Region. It derives its name from the city of Erbil, which is also its capital.
Erbil Governorate covers an area of 15,074 square kilometres (5,820 sq mi) in the north of Iraq, with an estimated population (in 2003) of 1,314,000 people. It is largely populated by Kurds but has minority populations of Assyrians, Arabs, and Turkmens,
- Makhmour (81)
- Erbil (71)
- Koi Sanjaq (80)
- Shaqlawa (89), cities are Salahaddin and Hareer
- Soran (94), cities are Town of Soran, Rawanduz and Diana
- Mergasur (83)
- Choman (66)
Cities and Towns
- Bahirkāh (بحركه), population 6758
- Banī Šilāwah Gawrah (بنصلاوة), population 37322
- Darband (دربند), population 10086
- Erbīl (اربيل), population 1091636
- Kalkān (كلك), population 6846
- Kūnagurk (كونه كورك), population 30283
- Kūsanjaq (كويسنجق), population 15123
- Maẖmūr (مخمور), population 18128
- Rawāndūz (رواندوز), population 95089
- Şalāh̨addīn (صلاح الدين), population 18205
- Šāwīš (شاويس), population 7387
- Salahaddin University: Founded in 1958 in Sulaymaniya and transferred to Erbil in 1981 
- Hawler Medical University (HMU): Founded in 2005.
- University of Kurdistan Hewlêr: Public English-medium University 
- Ishik University: Private university that belongs to Fezalar Educational Institutions in Erbil, Iraq.
- Cihan University: Private University, founded in 2007 
- SABIS University: Private University 
There are many national and international banks operating in Erbil offering citizens and visitors services, including but not limited to:
- Kurdistan Central Bank
- Kurdistan International Bank for Investment and Development
- Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) 
- Byblos Bank 
- Bank of Beirut and Arab Countries (BBAC) 
- Intercontinental Bank of Lebanon (IBL) 
- "=aohdq World Gazetteer: Iraq - administrative divisions (per geographical entity)".
- "The Kurdistan Region in brief". Krg.org. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- Ramsey, David. "Questia, Your Online Research Library". Accessmylibrary.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Salahaddin University - Hawler". Suh-edu.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Hawler Medical University (HMU)". Hawlermu.org. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "University of Kurdistan". Ukh.ac. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "> Home". Ishik University. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Cihan University". Cihan University. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "SABIS® University". Sabisuniversity.net. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "مصرف كوردستان الدولي". Kibid.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Trade Bank of Iraq - Your Trade and Investment Partner in Iraq". Tbiraq.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "ByblosBank.com". ByblosBank.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "BBAC Bank". Bbacbank.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "> Home". IBL. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- largest cities and towns and statistics of their population in Arbil
- Iraq Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit Reports, Maps and Assessments of Iraq's Governorates from the UN Inter-Agency Information & Analysis Unit
||Dohuk Governorate||Turkey||West Azerbaijan Province, Iran|
|Salah ad Din Governorate||Kirkuk Governorate||Sulaymaniyah Governorate|