||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
8 October 1970
New Delhi, India
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Other names||Gauri Chhibber Khan|
|Spouse(s)||Shahrukh Khan (1991 – present)|
Gauri Khan (born Gauri Chhibber on 8 October 1970), is an Indian film producer, interior designer and the wife of Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan. She started dating Shah Rukh Khan in 1984 and married him in 1991. She gave birth to their son, Aryan in 1997 and their daughter, Suhana in 2000. She is the co-founder of the film production and distribution company Red Chillies Entertainment with her husband.
Personal life 
Gauri Khan was born into a Punjabi family in New Delhi, India and grew up in Rajinder Nagar, a suburb. She did her schooling at Loreto Convent for 10 years and graduated from LSR, Lady Sri Ram, New Delhi. She holds a bachelors degree in history.
She met Shahrukh Khan in 1984, and married him prior to his successful Bollywood career. The traditional Hindu wedding ceremony took place on 25 October 1991. They have two children, Aryan Khan and Suhana Khan.
In 2002, together with Shahrukh Khan, Gauri founded the motion picture production and distribution company, Red Chillies Entertainment where she serves as the main producer. She became producer of Farah Khan's directorial debut, Main Hoon Na which launched her career as a producer in Bollywood. The film did well at the box office, becoming the second highest grossing film of the year. Since then she has produced seven films for the company including some of the projects in which her husband is the lead actor. She also made a guest appearance in Om Shanti Om (2007).
She used to host a weekly Hindi music countdown show, Oye, for a music channel in the 1990s. She is also the face of the fashion line, Aftershock. Khan first expressed interest in interior design as hobby while doing up her Bandra bungalow, Mannat. However in 2010, she professionally ventured into interior designing in partnership with Hrithik Roshan's wife Sussanne to design exclusive interior projects together. The same year, they collaborated on their first commercial project together in Vadodara of a massive 60 thousand sq ft private home.
In 2012, Khan launched her own line of furniture in partnership with Roshan's home store in Mumbai – The Charcoal Project. In an interview with Vogue magazine she stated that she choose interior design because of her interest in art, she explained: “I started off as an artist in school with various sketches. I continued that as a hobby for many years, and I think that is where my designs come from.
In the media 
Khan is known for keeping low profile and being media shy, though she is often cited as one of the most stylish women in Bollywood. She appeared on the cover of Vogue in January 2008. The magazine called her the "First Lady of Bollywood". Priya Tanna, Editor Vogue India wrote : "That she is stylish, enigmatic, and poised is known, but at the shoot we saw another side of her. Even in the frames she shares with Shah Rukh, she holds her own impressively." She also walked the ramp alongside her husband for filmmaker turned fashion designer Karan Johar at the HDIL India Couture Week 2009.
In 2008, she appeared in a television and print commercial for the home furnishings brand, D'decor along with her husband. The couple play themselves in the commercial. On 11 January 2009, while shooting in Los Angeles for My Name Is Khan, she accompanied her husband and director Karan Johar to attend the 66th Golden Globe Awards.
- Main Hoon Na (2004)
- Kaal (2005)
- Paheli (2005)
- Om Shanti Om (2007)
- Billu (2009)
- My Name Is Khan (2010), (Co – Producer)
- Always Kabhi Kabhi (2011)
- Ra.One (2011)
- Student Of The Year (2012)
- Chennai Express (2013)
- 2 States (2014)
- Happy New Year
- "Gauri Khan Biography | Bollywood Producer | Fact File | Photo Gallery | Wallpapers | Videos | News | Oneindia.in". Popcorn.oneindia.in. 8 October 1970. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Gauri Khan turns model". Sify.com. 17 January 2005. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Gauri Khan turns designer — Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 10 July 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- SRK's wife Gauri Khan now on Vogue cover. Sify.com (2007-12-19). Retrieved on 14 November 2011.
- When SRK was insecure about Gauri. Movies.ndtv.com. Retrieved on 14 November 2011..
- "Gauri Khan is Vogue's cover girl — Rediff.com movies". Inhome.rediff.com. 18 December 2007. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "SRK, Gauri walk the ramp for KJo". Movies.ndtv.com. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Rubina A Khan (2011-10-13) Gauri Khan strikes a pose as husband SRK looks on. firstpost.com
- "I don’t regret turning down Slumdog: SRK". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 20 January 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Gauri Khan|