|Born||1966 (age 47–48)
Sujoy Ghosh was born in Calcutta in 21 May 1966 .He studied in St. James' School. He used to stay in Bhowanipore and then moved to London when he was 13. He has a degree in engineering and an MBA from Manchester University. He worked as a South Asia head of the media division of Reuters before quitting in 1999.
Ghosh made his directorial debut in 2003 with Jhankaar Beats which was a tribute to R. D. Burman. His next ventures Home Delivery and Aladin did not achieve box office success. His 2012 release Kahaani, featuring Vidya Balan in lead role, has gained both commercial success and critical acclaim. He is was to start his acting career portraying the role of Bengali sleuth Byomkesh Bakshi in a film to be directed by Rituparno Ghosh, as of December 2012. Not many know that he has written the tagline "Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo Re" for the IPL Team Kolkata Knight Riders.
|2005||Home Delivery: Aapko... Ghar Tak||Yes||Yes|
|2013||Anamika||Yes||Telugu and Tamil bilingual film
Remake of Kahaani
|2013||Satyanweshi||Yes||Debut as an Actor |
|2014||Bang Bang (2014 film)||Yes||Starring Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif and Danny Denzongpa|
|2015||Durga Rani Singh||Yes||Yes||Probably starring Kangana Ranaut and Irrfan Khan|
- "When Sujoy Ghosh saved Vidya Balan's life...". CNN-IBN. 2 Mar 2012. Retrieved 19 Mar 2012.
- Priyanka Srivastav (13 Mar 2012). "Vidya's spunk and a Khahaani". Times of India. Retrieved 19 Mar 2012.
- "Finally Sujoy Ghosh's Kahani to go on floor". Mid-day. 8 Sep 2010. Retrieved 19 Mar 2012.
- "Sujoy Ghosh interview". Times of India. 11 Mar 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "This is a dress rehearsal for me". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Kahaani collects around Rs 14 crores". Times of India. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Kahaani dirctor Sujoy Ghosh to play Byomkesh Bakshi in Rituparno Ghosh's next". CNN-IBN. 13 December 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "60th National Film Awards: The list of winners – IBN Live". CNN-IBN. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- ians. "Rituparno Ghosh's cinematographer, not Sujoy Ghosh to complete Satyanweshi". hindustantimess. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sujoy Ghosh.|
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|