Julie Anne Genter
|Julie Anne Genter|
|Member of the New Zealand Parliament
for Green party list
26 November 2011
17 December 1979 |
Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
Julie Anne Genter (/ /; born 17 December 1979) is a transport planner, holding a Masters of Planning Practice. She is a New Zealand politician and a member of the New Zealand House of Representatives in her role as the transport spokeswoman for the Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Early life and education
Genter was born in Rochester, Minnesota, United States in 1979, and grew up in Los Angeles, California. She gained a BA in philosophy from the University of California, Berkeley in May 2003. She then moved to France and in July 2005, she obtained a post-graduate certificate in International Political Studies from Institut d'études politiques in Paris. She obtained a Masters of Planning Practice from the University of Auckland in 2008.
Genter has worked as a transportation planner since coming to New Zealand in 2006. She was initially employed by Sinclair Knight Merz in Auckland (2006–2007) before starting with McCormick Rankin Cagney in Auckland in 2008. She is recognised within the transportation industry as an expert on parking policy and the economic and transport effects thereof, and has advised numerous councils in Australasia on this topic. She has given many presentations at conferences on the subject matter (for example 2008 New Zealand Society for Sustainability Engineering and Science, 2008 IPENZ Transportation Conference and 2010 Local Government Transport Forum), and appeared on TVNZ's Breakfast programme and Kim Hill's Saturday Morning programme on Radio New Zealand National.
Member of Parliament
|Parliament of New Zealand|
|2011 – present||50th||List||13||Green|
- "Greens buoyed by prospect of having 15 MPs". The New Zealand Herald. 5 November 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Genter, Julie Anne (2009/10). "Julie Anne Genter" (PDF). www.julieanne.co.nz. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Julie Anne Genter". julieanne.co.nz. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Julie-Anne Genter information". Living Streets Aotearoa. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Saturday Morning". Radio New Zealand National. 13 November 2010. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- Genter, Julie Anne (2008), "How minimum parking standards underpin car dependence: the new parking management paradigm" (PDF), New Zealand Society for Sustainability Engineering and Science 2008 Conference, New Zealand Society for Sustainability Engineering and Science
- Genter, Julie Anne (2008), "The Missing Link: Parking as the integration of transportation and land use" (PDF), 2008 IPENZ Transportation Conference, Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand
- Genter, Julie Anne (2010), "The real cost of parking – Impacts on transportation and land use", 2010 Local Government Transport Forum, Local Government Transport Forum
- "Julie Anne on TVNZ's Breakfast". julieanne.co.nz. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Breakfast: Wednesday December 9". TVNZ. 9 December 2009. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "2011 election candidates". Green Party. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- Trevett, Claire (27 November 2011). "National soars as Labour put to the sword". The NZ Herald. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Big batch of new MPs for Parliament". TVNZ. 28 November 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.