Kaleil Isaza Tuzman
|Kaleil Isaza Tuzman|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Occupation||Managing partner of KCP Capital.|
|Known for||Entrepreneur, Co-founder of govWorks.com, subject of documentary Startup.com|
Kaleil Isaza Tuzman (born in October 1971) is an entrepreneur and Managing Partner of KIT Capital.  Isaza Tuzman started his career at Goldman Sachs, and has been in the digital media industry for more than 20 years, serving as President of JumpTV and chief executive officer and chairman of KIT digital, Inc.  Isaza Tuzman was also co-founder of govWorks.com, subject of the 2001 documentary Startup.com about the founding and bankruptcy of the company.
After graduating from Harvard University, Isaza Tuzman worked on Wall Street for 5 years at Goldman Sachs before launching govWorks, Inc., an Internet start-up along with his childhood friend Tom Herman. Isaza Tuzman as the company’s CEO was able to quickly raise $60 million in venture capital, however like many companies of the “dot com” era, govWorks, Inc. was negatively affected by the burst of the "dot-com bubble" and was sold to First Data Corp. for nearly $20 million. The journey from the founding days to the sale of the company was documented in a documentary “Startup.com”, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2001.
Soon after govWorks.com, Isaza Tuzman founded Recognition Group (now known as KIT Capital), a company aimed at providing exit strategies, financial restructuring and interim management for distressed companies. Among dozens of projects, KIT Capital managed the sale of Tigris Corp., a privately held strategic sourcing and supply chain consultancy based in New York City, to Verticalnet, Inc. in 2004. In 2001 KIT Capital/Recognition Group took over KPE, a struggling web development subsidiary of Grey Global Group, where Isaza Tuzman took the role of the CEO and chairman and sold the company to Mobilocity, Inc. (which was subsequently sold to Agency.com) less than a year later.
In May 2005, Isaza Tuzman was brought in as the President of JumpTV, a small start-up that focused on delivering foreign Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) content. Under his leadership, the company grew to become a leading company in delivery of syndicated foreign television content over the Internet around the globe. In August 2006, Isaza Tuzman led the IPO of JumpTV with Morgan Stanley as the lead underwriter, which allowed the company to raise over $60 million, and additional $100 million in a secondary offering less than a year later. In late 2007, Isaza Tuzman sold a substantial portion of his shareholding interest in JumpTV in the public market, which subsequently floundered after his departure.
In late 2007, Isaza Tuzman purchased a controlling interest in ROO Group and became the company’s CEO and chairman of the board. After financial restructuring and key acquisitions ROO, an Internet video technologies company, became one of the leading end-to-end IP video providers under the new name of KIT digital. KIT digital listed on the NASDAQ Global Market in August 2009 under the ticker "KITD". Isaza Tuzman left KIT digital in April 2012.  After his departure, Isaza Tuzman made public bids to acquire the company in several open letters to KIT digital's board of directors, believing the company to be purposefully mismanaged to bankruptcy by insiders. 
Executive Board Positions
Board Member, Digital Domain Media Group
Board Member, Nextivity, Inc.
Board Member, Believe Entertainment
Board Member, Soliya
Board Member, Vidunia
Chairman of the Board, KIT digital, Inc.
In 2005, Isaza Tuzman published a book The Entrepreneur's Success Kit: A 5-Step Lesson Plan to Create and Grow Your Own Business
- "KIT Capital"
- "KIT digital, Inc. management team"
- "Startup.com Movie", IMDB
- "Startup.com Movie", Wikipedia
- "Startup.com Movie", IMDB
- "Startup.com", IFC
- " Verticalnet Acquires Tigris Corp. - Combining Industry Leading Technology and Supply Management Expertise.", Business Wire
- "KPE Finds Investor, CEO Steps Down", Adweek
- "Friends learn lessons from failed Web site venture", USA Today
- "Kaleil Isaza Tuzman and Tom Herman", Business Insider
- "Online Expatriate TV Channel Aggregator JumpTV Raises $100 Million In IPO on AIM ", PaidContent
- "Roo Group: Kaleil Tuzman Named Chairman And CEO", PaidContent
- "KIT digital to Move to NASDAQ Global Market Exchange on August 14, 2009, Under the Symbol "KITD"", Reuters
- "KIT digital's Chairman Resigns"
- "Group Led by Former Chairman and CEO Kaleil Isaza Tuzman Revises Acquisition Offer and Raises Concerns Regarding KIT digital Sale Process"
- The Entrepreneur's Success Kit, St. Martin's Griffin, Published: January 2005, ISBN 978-0-312-32945-7, ISBN 0-312-32945-8,244 pages
- Forbes Executive Profile - Forbes.com
- Kaleil Isaza Tuzman's Appearance on Charlie Rose
- Startup.com: The Sequel - Forbes.com
- Second Act: ‘Startup.com’ Stars Reflect On Life A Decade Later - The Wall Street Journal
- Hulu IPO: Major test for Internet TV business - CNN Money
- KIT digital Buys 3 Video Companies for $77.2 Million - Bloomberg
- Roll ’Em Up! Video Back-End Company KIT Digital Buys KickApps, Kyte, Kewego - All Things Digital
- Exclusive: KIT digital Acquires KickApps, Kewego AND Kyte For $77.2 Million - TechCrunch
- Deal of the day: KIT digital expands - The Financial Times
- KIT buys ioko for $79.4m - The Register
- Kit Digital Ramps up Video Services with 1100 Customers As Revenue Doubles in 2009 - Beet.TV
- KIT Digital to Power Tribeca Film Festival Video Site - Beet.TV
- HOW TO: Monetize Your Site With Video by Kaleil Isaza Tuzman on Mashable.com