Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Norte|
|Founded||August 29, 1963|
|• Mayor||Aristotle E. Montante|
|• Total||171.92 km2 (66.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Kitcharao is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- San Isidro
- San Roque
Municipality of Kitcharao was created under Republic Act No. 3842 sponsored by Congressman Guillermo R. Sanchez. It was once a barrio of Jabonga. Through the initiative of the then Vice Mayor Francisco M. Tuozo of Jabonga, a resolution was sponsored petitioning Congress for the creation of the Municipality of Kitcharao. Thus Republic Act No. 3842 was passed.
The inhabitants of the municipality came from various regions in Luzon and the Visayas, hence, you can find Ilocanos, Tagalogs, Leyteños, Ilongos, Warays, Cebuanos, Boholanos, and a few aborigines called Mamanwas or Kongkings.
On August 29, 1963, the first Municipal Officials were inducted to the office by then Governor Democrito O. Plaza. Felix Q. Basadre, Sr. was the appointed Mayor, Marceliano Morada as Vice Mayor and all the councillors were: Mariano M. Napalan, Sr., Gaudencio Pojas, Pencionico Bermudez, Juan Tidalgo, Agustin Patagan and Uldarico Atuel.
The same set of Municipal Officials was elected in the ensuing regular election on November 1963. 
In 2005, Barangays Crossing and Songkoy were created. 
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Municipality of Kitcharao (2010-09-13). "History of Kitcharao". Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- National Statistical Coordination Board (2006-02-27). "2006 Factsheet". Retrieved 2006-06-24.
- Municipal Website of Kitcharao
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information