|— city —|
|Elevation||227 m (745 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Lakheri is a city and a municipality in Bundi district in the Indian state of Rajasthan. This is the second largest city after Bundi in the district. Mostly surrounded by agricultural lands & villages the most distinct feature of lakheri is a cement manufacturing unit of ACC [Associated Cement Companies] Ltd. This plant is the oldest running cement plant in Asia. But with the passage of time the plant has undergone expansions to incorporate the latest technology in cement producing. The latest expansion project being completed in April 2007. Even the MD of ACC cement, in an interview with a private news channel, has predicted a 12-15% rise in cement production from Lakheri plant. And Lakheri is also fabulous for Brick (use in construction) business.
As of 2001[update] India census, Lakheri had a population of 26,910. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Lakheri has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 50%. In Lakheri, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The city lays in between the main Delhi - Mumbai line. More than 500 travelers commute daily from Lakheri to Kota, Jaipur and many other large cities by local train like Dehradun express, Avadh express, Firozpur janta express train. But city is ignored by Indian railway not to provided any super fast train to halt at the station. In the same way, previously bus service in the city is also in poor condition as Rajasthan Roadways has no interest in the city and has no routine bus service no express, silver line or blue line buses. Because of this the private buses charge more than the required fare and also take more time to reach the destination.
But recently this city got new “Mega Highway” road so here is very good transportation connectivity.
Schools in Lakheri 
- Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Lakheri
- Govt. Girls Sr. Sec. School, Lakheri
- Shiv Bal Vidya Mandir Sec. School, Lakheri
- Blue Bird Public Sec. School, Lakheri
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Public, Lakheri
- Sharda Sec. School, Lakheri
- Govt.Sec. School, Station Lakheri
- Govt.Girls Sec. School, Ishwar Nagar
- New Nehru Bal Vidhya Niketan, Lakheri
- Maharsh Arvind Sec.School, Lakheri
- DAV Public School,Lakheri
- ACC Works School
- Adarsh Vidhya mandir,School, lakheri
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Lakheri
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.