|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||9.2 km2 (3.6 sq mi)|
|• Land||9.1 km2 (3.5 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.05 km2 (0.02 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||597661|
Lanham is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Prince George's County, Maryland. As of the 2010 United States Census it had a population of 10,157. The New Carrollton station (the terminus of the Washington Metro's Orange Line) as well as an Amtrak station are across the Capital Beltway in New Carrollton, Maryland. Doctors Community Hospital is located in Lanham.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Lanham has a total area of 3.6 square miles (9.2 km2), of which 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.05 km2), or 0.54%, is water.
Lanham is served by the Prince George's County Public Schools system.
- Elementary schools
- James McHenry Elementary School
- Catherine T. Reed Elementary School
- Gaywood Elementary School
- Robert Goddard French Imersion School
- Middle schools
- Thomas Johnson Middle School
- Robert Goddard Montessori
- High Schools
- Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary/Equip Institute
- Lanham United Methodist Church
- Lanham Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- Grace Presbyterian Church
- St. Theodore Greek Orthodox Church
- Turkish American Community Center
- Sri Siva Vishnu Temple
- Murugan Temple of North America
- Prince Georges Muslim Association
- Daryl Ferguson, Barbadian footballer
- Robert Griffith, former NFL strong safety
- Frank Kratovil, former US Congressman
- Jermaine Lewis, former NFL wide receiver
- Guy S. Meloy, Jr., former US Army general
- Mayowa Alli, Professional Soccer player (Danish 1st division)
- Peter Tork, Musician: bass guitarist and keyboardist in the 1960s' American pop band called The Monkees and whose (fictitious) exploits (with his bandmates) earned a position as an actor in a sitcom about the band members.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lanham, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "Doctors Community Hospital". Doctors Community Hospital website. Doctors Community Hospital. 2009-01-29.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.