|Place of origin||Serbia|
|Manufacturer||Complex Battle System factory in Velika Plana, Serbia|
|Weight||up to 28,000 kg (62,000 lb)|
|Length||7.82 m (25.7 ft)|
|Width||2.85 m (9 ft 4 in)|
|Height||2.32 m (7 ft 7 in) (hull roof)|
|Crew||3 (+9 passengers)|
|Armor||Level IV STANAG|
|30 mm autocannon|
500 hp (370 kW)
|Suspension||8×8 wheeled independent suspension|
|800 km (500 mi)|
|Speed||100 km/h (62 mph)|
The Multi-Role Armored Vehicle Lazar 2 8x8 is based on modifications of the concept and the technical solutions implemented on the functional model of Lazar vehicle. These modifications are carried on with the purpose to further harmonize the basic characterictic of the vehicle with contemporary international trends in the delevompent of families of multi-role armored wheel-type vehicles. The concept of the first Lazar vehicle represented a combination of the characteristics of MRAP and MRAV (Multirole Armoured Vehicle) type vehicles, while the Lazar 2 is closer to the MRAV concept first of all because of the introduction of independent suspension, which allows the platform to be customized to different roles. The concept provides for installation of different types of weapon turrets depending on the purpose of the vehicle.
The vehicle is equipped with a rear ramp for easier entrance and exit, and has two doors embedded within that ramp for emergency situations. It also features a separate door for the driver and commander, located on the driver side. It features five bullet proof windows and firing ports on each side of the vehicle, as well as two on the rear of the vehicle. This allows the troops inside the vehicle to have a high situational awareness and to engage targets from inside the safety of the vehicle. The driver has five cameras, which provide him with a near 360° field of visibility. Two are located in front of the driver's hatch, two are covering the sides of the vehicle, and one is installed in the rear of the vehicle to aid with reverse driving. In the IFV configuration, it seats three crew members and nine troops.
The vehicle is powered by a 500 hp engine and features independent suspension for each of its 8x8 powered wheels, ensuring high mobility even in rough terrain.
- Ballistic protection
Armored body of Lazar 2 presents modular construction, with possibilities of different level of protection, according to the needs of the user. Basic level of armored protection, without add-on armor corresponds to level III+ (12.7x99mm at 30m) at the front side of the vehicle, and level III (7.62x54mm at 30m) on all other sides in accordance to NATO STANAG.
M91 30mm turret (Vidra) provides level IV (14.5x114mm at 200m) protection at the front glacis, and level III (7.62x54mm at 30m) on the sides of the turret, with add-on armour being available for further protection.
- Mine protection
Anti-mine protection is provided with use of double layer, V-shaped steel floor, and additional steel plates under the seats, which are attached to the roof of the vehicle. This provides anti-mine protection of level IIa under any wheel, and level IIb under the center of the vehicle in accordance to NATO STANAG.
These features can be selected from by a potential buyer.
- Air conditioning with compressor and overpressure system for CBRN protection
- 15W VHF radio with UMR
- Interlinked Command Information System with such features as encrypted communications, GPS maps, in-action battle plan modification etc.
- Remote Controlled Weapons Station with armament ranging from 12,7mm to 30mm, including a full sensor loadout stabilized in two planes with LIDAR, IR, thermal and optical devices.
The first prototype was publicly presented on 2013's Partner – International Fair of Defense Systems and Equipment. It is produced by Yugoimport SDPR in the new "Complex Battle System" factory in Velika Plana, Serbia.
At the unveiling, it was announced that the first 3 Lazar 2 have already been sold to Pakistan.
- http://www.yugoimport.com/slike/yreport.pdf - Manufacturer description and name page 38 - Lazar 2
- "Serbian defence Company YugoImport unveils new 8x8 armoured vehicle Lazar 2 at Partner 2013 2506133 - Army Recognition". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Srbi i Rusi prave novo borbeno vozilo u Velikoj Plani". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Yugoimport from Serbia unveils its new 8x8 multirole armoured vehice Lazar 2 at IDEX 2013 17021312 - Army Recognition". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Други Лазар".
- "Turrets Compendium".
- "B92 - Biz - Vesti - Vui: Ulaemo u vojnu industriju". B92. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Big investments predicted for Serbia's defense industry". B92. 25 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2013.