National Register of Historic Places listings in Bartholomew County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Bartholomew County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Bartholomew County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 7 National Historic Landmarks. Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||David Aikens House||
|2325 Jonesville Rd., southwest of Columbus
|2||Bartholomew County Courthouse||
|3rd and Washington Sts.
|3||Columbus City Hall||
|5th and Franklin Sts.
|4||Columbus Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by the former Pennsylvania railroad tracks, Chestnut, 34th, Washington, and Franklin Sts.
|5||Elnora Daugherty Farm||
|5541 E. 500S, south of Columbus
||Sand Creek Township|
|6||First Baptist Church||
|3300 Fairlawn Dr.
||Columbus||Designed by Harry Weese|
|7||First Christian Church||
|531 5th St.
||Columbus||Designed by Eliel Saarinen|
|8||William R. Gant Farm||
|5890 S175E, south of Columbus
||Sand Creek Township|
|9||Haw Creek Leather Company||
|Junction of Washington and 1st Sts.
|10||D.W. Heagy Farm||
|3005 W. 200S, southwest of Columbus
|11||Hope Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Haw Creek, Grand St., Walnut St., and South St.
|12||Irwin Union Bank and Trust||
|500 Washington St.
|13||James Marr House and Farm||
|Northeast of Columbus on Marr Rd.
||Columbus, Flat Rock, and German Townships|
|14||Mabel McDowell Elementary School||
|2700 McKinley Ave.
|524 3rd St.
|17th St. and Home Ave.
|2760 Highland Way
||Columbus||Designed by Eero Saarinen|
|18||New Hope Bridge||
|County Road 400N over the Flatrock River, north of Columbus
|4950 S. 150E, south of Columbus
||Sand Creek Township|
|20||North Christian Church||
|850 Tipton Ln.
|21||Pugh Ford Bridge||
|County Road 900N over the Flatrock River, northeast of Taylorsville
||Flat Rock and German Townships|
|333 Second St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Bartholomew County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Bartholomew County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 14, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this IUPUI website; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"