The Malayan flat-shelled turtle Notochelys platynota is a species of turtle found in Southeast Asia.
Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, West Malaysia, Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, Borneo, Bangka), Vietnam, Singapore. Type locality: "in India Orientali," later restricted to "Sumatra; Singapore" by Gray (1863:177).
- Asian Turtle Trade Working Group (2000). Notochelys platynota. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 11 May 2006. Database entry includes justification for why this species is vulnerable
- Buskirk, James 1997 The Malayan Flat-Shelled Turtle Notochelys platynota Vivarium 9 (1): 6-9;15
- Gray, J.E. 1834 Characters of several new species of freshwater tortoises (Emys) from India and China. Proc. Zool. Soc. London 2: 53-55
- Gray, J.E. 1863 Observations on the box tortoises, with the descriptions of three new Asiatic species. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London 1863: 173-179
- Gray, J.E. 1864 Observations on the box tortoises, with the description of three new Asiatic species. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. (3) 13: 105-111
- Gray, J.E. 1873 On the original form, development, and cohesion of the bones of the sternum of chelonians; with notes on the skeleton of Sphargis. Ann. Mag. nat. Hist. (4) 11: 161-172
- Liat, Lim Boo & Das, Indraneil 1999 The turtles of Borneo and peninsular Malaysia. Kota Kinabalu, natural History Publications, 151 pp.
External links