Orient Thai Airlines
|Company slogan||"Do it by heart"|
|Headquarters||Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand|
Orient Thai Airlines Co., Ltd. is an airline with its head office in Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand. It operates chartered and scheduled services in Southeast Asia. Its main base is Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok.
The airline is managed by Managing Director Mr. Kajit Habanananda and Chairman of the Advisory Board Mr. Udom Tantiprasongchai.
Orient Thai Airlines and its now now-defunct wholly owned domestic carrier One-Two-GO Airlines are the only Thai airlines to bear a Royal Seal, made possible due to Udom’s close relationship with the King of Thailand based on Udom’s history of breaking traditional commercial barriers for Thailand.
On September 2004, an Orient Thai 747 flew within 200 meters of Japan's Tokyo Tower over the heart of downtown Tokyo.
On July 22, 2008, shortly after the crash in Phuket which killed 89 people, and after the internet publication of illegally excessive work hours and check fraud Orient Thai and its subsidiaries were ordered to suspend service for 56 days due to failure to train, failure to have a safety program and failure to supervise safe flight, check ride fraud and breaking the law at Orient Thai and One-Two-GO.
On 22 September 2010, Orient Thai took delivery of its first Boeing 747-400 aircraft which was previously registered as N548MD and arrived at the Orient Thai hub as HS-STC.
Orient Thai Airlines serves the following scheduled destinations (as of August 2013):
- Hong Kong
- Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang International Airport Hub
- Phuket – Phuket International Airport
As of September 2013, the Orient Thai Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 22.9 years:
|Boeing 747-300||2||—||To be retired in 2014|
|Boeing 747-400||5||—||2 operated for Saudia
1 Combi (-400M) model
|Boeing 767-300ER||3||—||2 operated for Saudia|
|Sukhoi Superjet 100-95||—||12|
- "Contact Us." Orient Thai Airlines. Retrieved on 27 February 2012. "18 Ratchadapisek Road,Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110" - Thai: "เลขที่ 18 ถนนรัชดาภิเษก แขวงคลองเตย เขตคลองเตย กรุงเทพฯ 10110"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 59.
- "Orient Thai B747 passes within 200m of Tokyo Tower". Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- "Matters of the Facts regarding Suspension of Air Operator Certificate of Orient Thai Airlines Co., Ltd. and One Two Go Airline Co., Ltd". Department of Civil Aviation News. 2008-07-28. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- Skyliner - aviation news & more
- Maierbrugger, Arno (1 August 2013). "Exclusive – Orient Thai in near-crash landing". Inside Investor. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Flight Schedule
- Orient Thai Airways fleet ch-aviation.ch
- 11 September 2013 Orient Thai to retire B747-300 fleet by early 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orient Thai Airlines.|