Orient Thai Airlines
|This article is outdated. (January 2015)|
|This article is outdated. (January 2015)|
|Subsidiaries||One Two Go (Bankrupt)|
|Company slogan||"Do it by heart"|
|Headquarters||Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand|
Orient Thai Airlines Co., Ltd. is an airline with its head office in Khlong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand. It operates chartered and scheduled services in Southeast Asia. Its main base is Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok.
The airline is managed by Managing Director Mr. Kajit Habanananda and Chairman of the Advisory Board Mr. Udom Tantiprasongchai.
Orient Thai Airlines and its now-defunct wholly owned domestic carrier One-Two-GO Airlines are the only Thai airlines to bear a Royal Seal, made possible due to Udom’s close relationship with the King of Thailand based on Udom’s history of breaking traditional commercial barriers for Thailand.
On September 2004, an Orient Thai 747 flew within 200 meters of Japan's Tokyo Tower over the heart of downtown Tokyo.
On July 22, 2008, shortly after the crash in Phuket which killed 89 people, and after the internet publication of illegally excessive work hours and check fraud Orient Thai and its subsidiaries were ordered to suspend service for 56 days due to failure to train, failure to have a safety program and failure to supervise safe flight, check ride fraud and breaking the law at Orient Thai and One-Two-GO.
On 22 September 2010, Orient Thai took delivery of its first Boeing 747-400 aircraft which was previously registered as N548MD and arrived at the Orient Thai hub as HS-STC.
On 31 July 2013, a chartered Orient Thai 737-400 operating as OX833 made an emergency landing at Surat Thani airport, carrying Chinese passengers from Shenzhen to Phuket. Out of 130 passengers, nine were injured.
Orient Thai Airlines serves the following scheduled destinations (as of February 2014):
- Scheduled flight
- Bangkok - Don Mueang International Airport
- Phuket – Phuket International Airport
- Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Pattaya - U-Tapao International Airport
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong S.A.R
- Charter flight
- People's Republic of China
While Orient Thai listed flight between Chiang Mai and Pai on the website (as well as placing its code to that route), the flight is not available for purchase through the carrier; the services for the route are operated by Kan Air
As of April 2014, the Orient Thai Airlines fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 23.2 years:
|Boeing 737-300||6||1||—||Ex Air China aircraft|
|Boeing 737-400||2||—||—||Ex Japan Transocean Air aircraft|
|Boeing 747-300||2||—||—||To be retired in 2014 All ex Japan Airlines aircraft|
|Boeing 747-400||4||—||—||2 operated for Saudia
1 Combi (-400M) model, ex Air China, Garuda Indonesia, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic aircraft
|Boeing 767-300||4||1||—||2 operated for Saudia, Ex China Eastern Airlines and Japan Airlines aircraft|
|Boeing 767-300ER||2||1||—||Ex Aeroflot aircraft|
|Boeing 747-100||4||Ex. Japan Airlines fleet|
|Boeing 747-100B/SR/SUD||2||Ex. Japan Airlines fleet|
|Boeing 747-200B||9||Ex. Japan Airlines, United Airlines fleet|
|Boeing 747-200F||6||Cargo Aircraft|
|Boeing 747-200SUD||1||Ex. KLM fleet|
|Boeing 747-300B||4||Ex. Korean Air, Japan Airlines fleet|
|L-1011 Tristar||5||Ex. Cathay Pacific fleet|
- "Contact Us." Orient Thai Airlines. Retrieved on 27 February 2012. "18 Ratchadapisek Road,Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110" - Thai: "เลขที่ 18 ถนนรัชดาภิเษก แขวงคลองเตย เขตคลองเตย กรุงเทพฯ 10110"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 59.
- "Orient Thai B747 passes within 200m of Tokyo Tower". Retrieved 2011-07-27.
- "Matters of the Facts regarding Suspension of Air Operator Certificate of Orient Thai Airlines Co., Ltd. and One Two Go Airline Co., Ltd". Department of Civil Aviation News. 2008-07-28. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- Skyliner - aviation news & more
- Maierbrugger, Arno (1 August 2013). "Exclusive – Orient Thai in near-crash landing". Inside Investor. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Contact Us." Orient Thai Airlines. Retrieved on 4 March 2010. "Orient-Thai Airlines 222, Room 3606, Vipavadee Rangsit Rd, Seekan, Donmuang, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND. "
- "Contact Us." One-Two-GO Airlines. Retrieved on 4 March 2010. "Head office Address : 222, Room 3602, Vipavadee Rangsit Rd, Seekan, Donmuang, Bangkok 10210."
- Flight Schedule
- Orient Thai Airways fleet ch-aviation.ch
- 11 September 2013 Orient Thai to retire B747-300 fleet by early 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orient Thai Airlines.|