|Pistolet Besshumnyy ("Silent Pistol")|
|Place of origin||USSR|
|Used by||KGB, army reconnaissance|
|Length||310 (suppressor attached)
170 (without suppressor)
|Action||blowback, double-action trigger, identical to the Makarov pistol|
|Rate of fire||30 rounds per minute|
|Muzzle velocity||~ 290 m/s|
|Feed system||8-round magazine|
The pistol uses an integral suppressor, which, unlike most similar systems, consists of two parts. This allows the pistol to be carried and kept concealed without the front part of the suppressor attached, and for the silencer to be quickly deployed prior to use. The pistol may also be fired safely without the additional suppressor attachment, which may be important in critical situations. Without the front attachment, the pistol has a similar sound to the Makarov pistol. In fact, even with the attachment, the weapon is not completely silent; however, the level of sound reduction is significant. The detached suppressor is carried in a special compartment of the holster which was designed for the PB.
The PB pistol's firing mechanism and design is based entirely upon that of the Makarov pistol. Because the front part of the barrel is covered by the suppressor, the bolt is very short, such that it does not allow placing a return spring into it. For that reason, the spring is in the grip, and acts on the bolt by means of a long lever.
The sights are fixed and not adjustable.
The pistol uses standard 8-round magazines from the Makarov pistol.
- Soviet Union - KGB, special units of MVD SSSR (OMON) and reconnaissance groups of Soviet Army
- Russia - special forces of Armed Forces of the Russian Federation
- А. И. Благовестов. То, из чего стреляют в СНГ: Справочник стрелкового оружия. / под общ.ред. А. Е. Тараса. Минск, «Харвест», 2000. стр.84-86
- "Пистолет Бесшумный" means "Silent Pistol"
- Бесшумный пистолет (ПБ) — Описание, ТТХ, фото
|This pistol-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|