|Stable release||11.0.9 Update 28 / November 29, 2012|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Type||Web hosting control panel|
The Parallels Plesk Panel (ex: Parallels Plesk Control Panel, Plesk Server Administrator, PSA, or just Plesk) software package is a commercial web hosting automation program. Originally released under the U.S. company Plesk Inc. and designed in Novosibirsk, Russia, Plesk was acquired by SWSoft in July 2003. SWSoft renamed themselves under the Parallels name (a brand which had been acquired by SWSoft) in 2008.
Parallels Plesk Panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator can create client and site templates, which predetermine resource-allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux/Unix supports multiple POSIX platforms, including Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, Red Hat Linux, SUSE and Ubuntu. Parallels Plesk Panel for Windows supports Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Parallels Plesk Panel installs custom versions of or manages versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine under Windows), Apache Tomcat Java platform server, and ColdFusion server.
Parallels Plesk Panel has several software packs that are not part of the main Parallels Plesk Panel code base. These add-ons are designed to fully interact with Parallels Plesk Panel. These Parallels Plesk Panel software packs include functionality for billing and website building.
- Parallels Customer & Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)
- Parallels Web Presence Builder
|Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0||2012-06-13|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1||2010-11-03|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0||2008-12-09|
Plesk offers users the possibility to easily install web applications using the Application Packaging Standard. However it's not always possible to upgrade these applications as easily, in order to fix security problems, which might lead to vulnerable servers.
- HostReview : Web Hosting News : SWsoft Acquires Plesk and Confixx to Create Global Hosting Software Powerhouse
- SWsoft Parallels does Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 thing - Hypervisors are for the weak - Posted in Servers, 30th January 2008 20:59 GMT(By Austin Modine) The Register
- SWsoft to change its name to Parallels - Date: December 11th, 2007 Author: Paul Mah (TechRepublic.com)
- Parallels Plesk v10.0.1
- Parallels Plesk v9.0 - Control Panel Software for Hosting
- Parallels Plesk Panel 9 Released
- Parallels Plesk v8.0.1 - Control Panel Software for Hosting
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Unveils Plesk 7, Deployed by 1&1
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Launches Plesk Control Panel 6
- Application Packaging Standard