Rise Up (Freaky Fortune song)
|Freaky Fortune and RiskyKidd performing the song on the stage of Eurovision Song Contest 2014|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2014 entry|
|Artist(s)||Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd|
|Lyricist(s)||Freaky Fortune, RiskyKidd|
|◄ "Alcohol Is Free" (2013)|
The song received mixed to positive reviews. Daily Mirror entertainment writer Carl Greenwood gave the song 1 star out of 5 and said, "Rise Up is the sort of song that gets stuck in your head." Jess Denham of The Independent, "Rise Up" has a definite holiday vibe to it, just in time for the start of summer."
Eurovision Song Contest
On 11 March 2014 Freaky Fortune and RiskyKidd participates to the Greek national final of Eurovision Song Contest 2014. After performing the song under number two at the national final, it gets the 36.83% of votes and becomes the Greek entry in the 2014 Eurovision.
At the Eurovision Song Contest they performed 13th in the second semi-final on 8 May 2014. The song qualified from the second semi-final and competed in the final on 10 May 2014. In the final at the end of the voting, it had received 35 votes, placing on 20th place in a field of 26 songs. It was, along with 1998, the worst placing ever for Greece.
|2.||"Rise Up" (Jazz Version)||3:20|
Credits and personnel
- Vocals - Nicolas Raptakis and Shane Schuller
- Lyrics - Nicolas Raptakis, Theofilos Pouzbouris and Shane Schuller
- Composer - Nicolas Raptakis and Theofilos Pouzbouris
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||67|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||93|
|UK Singles Chart (Official Chart Company)||110|
- ""Freaky Fortune feat. Risky Kidd for Greece". European Broadcasting Union. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Eurovision 2014 preview: Will Greece entry Rise Up see Freaky Fortune featuring RiskyKidd join song contest winners". Daily Mirror. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Eurovision 2014 semi-final two: Five acts to watch from Conchita Wurst to Freaky Fortune". The Independent. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Greece Digital Songs: Mar 29, 2014". Billboard. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "DigilListan 2014-03-09". Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Freaky Fortune + RiskyKidd – Rise Up – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Ultratop.be – Freaky Fortune + RiskyKidd – Rise Up" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
"Alcohol Is Free"
|Greek entry for the Eurovision Song Contest
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|