|Birth name||Sébastien Izambard|
7 March 1973 |
|Instruments||Singing, guitar, piano|
|Associated acts||Il Divo|
Sébastien Izambard was born in Paris, France on 7 March 1973 to a poor family. His childhood was very rough, since his father ran away from home when he was six, leaving Izambard, his grandmother (who he called Meme) and his mother to suffer living in poverty. He stated that one time he stole a melon to please his mother for he knew they couldn't afford it. His mother made him go back and apologize to the store keeper for his little crime. As Izambard got older, his love for music grew as he learned to play music by ear.
Izambard started his career as a pop musician in France, releasing a solo album called Libre and his song Si Tu Savais was ranked first in French Hit Charts . Besides being a singer, Izambard is also an accomplished music composer, pianist, and guitar player. In Paris he has written music for many French artists. Izambard has said that he has two dreams while being in Il Divo: composing a song for the quartet, and singing songs in French. In fact, Ancora, the second album of the group, contains two songs in French: "Je Crois en toi" (a duet partially in French with Céline Dion) and "Pour Que Tu M’Aimes Encore." "I Believe In You" is an original song for both artists, while "Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore" is Dion's, considered to be her most famous song in French.
In 2001, he performed with Johnny Hallyday as a guest in the Olympia Theater in Paris. His music, greatly influenced by Jeff Buckley, earns him the acknowledgement of French and Canadian audiences.
He recorded two videoclips and collaborated in solidarity projects such as the Noël Ensemble, a record in which more than one hundred artists participated in order to raise funds for the fight against AIDS. As a member of Il Divo, he continues working with a charity called Assistance Médicale Toit du Monde (AMTM) that helps poor children in Nepal and India. In September 2008 he organised a raffle to benefit AMTM; the prize was one of his Armani suits.
Izambard performed in February 2002 in Richard Cocciante’s musical “Le Petit Prince”, where he played the role of the Business Man. Before being a member of Il Divo he also performed in several theatre plays as part of the group “La Troupe”.
He was preparing his second album with Francis Madjouli and Lionel Florence when he became involved with Il Divo.
In December 2003, he became a member of the international musical quartet Il Divo along with Urs Bühler (Switzerland), David Miller (US) and Carlos Marín (Spain). Izambard is the only member of the group who is not classically trained. Besides their musical experience and prowess, the members of Il Divo are also recognized for their impeccable taste in fashion, dressing almost exclusively in Armani suits.
Their first album, called Il Divo became a worldwide multiplatinum selling record when released in November 2004, entering Billboard at number 4; it sold five million copies worldwide in less than a year and knocked Robbie Williams from the number one spot. Their second album, Ancora, was released on 7 November 2005 in the United Kingdom. Il Divo's third album Siempre was released on 21 November 2006 in the United States and on 27 November 2006 internationally. Their latest album, The Promise, was released on 10 November 2008 (world) & 18 November 2008 (US), and shot straight to number 1 in the United Kingdom.
Izambard is married to Renee Murphy, a former Sony BMG publicist whom he met while touring Australia in 2005. He announced on the Official Forum that he had become a father on the 20 March 2008 to twins Luca and Rose. On the 23rd of May 2011 he announced on Facebook that Renee had given birth to their third child, a son named Jude, on the 20th May.
- Libre (2000)
- Libre – Single (2000)
- J't'en Veux – Single (2000)
- Il Divo (as member of Il Divo, 2004)
- Ancora (as member of Il Divo, 2005)
- The Christmas Collection (as member of Il Divo, 2005)
- Voices from the FIFA World Cup (as member of Il Divo, 2006)
- Siempre (as member of Il Divo, 2006)
- The Promise (as member of Il Divo, 2008)
- An Evening with Il Divo: Live in Barcelona (as member of Il Divo, 2009)
- Wicked Game (as member of Il Divo, 2011)
- Il Divo Live Concert. Recorded at the Teatro Clásico in Mérida, Spain. For the "Encore" DVD, 2005.
- Il Divo World Tour Concert 2006
- Il Divo World Tour Concert 2007
- Il Divo World Tour Concert 2009 – Barcelona – release 30 November 2009 (UK)
- Les meilleurs Zennemis – Souvenez-vous... Sébastien Izambard
- SéBASTIEN IZAMBARD – Biographie, albums, clips, cd sur MCM.net
- Adams, Cameron (17 February 2007). "Song in their hearts". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 August 2009.
- Official forum, thread of Izambard's announcement.
- We risked death to become parents: Il Divo singer Sébastien Izambard and his wife Renee tell of the traumatic births of their children
- Il Divo official website
- Fan Site (unofficial)
- Myspace Fan Site (unofficial)
- French website (unofficial)
- Spanish website (unofficial)
- (French) Il divo unofficial
- Il Divo 4 Ever (Belgium Fansite)