She County, Anhui
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
She County (simplified Chinese: 歙县; traditional Chinese: 歙縣; pinyin: Shè Xiàn), or Shexian, is a county in Anhui Province, People's Republic of China under the jurisdiction of Huangshan City. It has a population of 500,000 and an area of 2,236 square kilometres (863 sq mi).
She County is noted for its rich history and culture heritage. Its county seat is sometimes described as one of China's "four renowned ancient towns", along with Langzhong (Sichuan Province), Lijiang (Yunnan), and Pingyao (Shanxi).
She County has jurisdiction over 13 towns and 15 townships. The county seat of government is in Huicheng Town.
She County was established during the Qin Dynasty (221–208 BCE).
During the Song Dynasty, She County leader Fang La rebelled and was suppressed by the Song government.
She County has a number of cultural and natural sites that attract hundreds of thousands of tourists each year.
- Xu Guo Gate: is a memorial established for Xu Guo, a Grand Secretary during the Ming Dynasty.
- Tanyue Gates
- Xin'anjiang (Xin'an) River is the major river system of She County
- Yuliang Dam is on the Lianjian River, a tributary of the Xin'an River.
- Ancient streets and ancient villages
- Wang Zhi, a powerful pirate during the Jiajing era.
- Xu Guo, Grand Secretary under the Emperor Wanli.
- Tao Xingzhi, educator
- SHEXIAN IN ANHUI INVESTS RMB 280 MILLION ON RESTORING ANCIENT TOWN, CHINA HERITAGE QUARTERLY, China Heritage Project, The Australian National University. ISSN 1833-8461. No. 7, September 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to She County, Anhui.|
|This Huangshan City location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|