|• Body||mla,mayor of town|
|Elevation||323 m (1,060 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sohagpur is located at  It has an average elevation of 323 metres (1059 feet). The area is generally flat terrain and full of natural sites like Marhai(मढ़ई). Palakmati is the local river here..
As of 2001[update] India census, Sohagpur had a population of 229,734. The majority of the population lives rurally (107,395) whereas only 122,339 live in urban areas. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%.
- St. Patrick's Higher Secondary School
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary School
- Govt S.J.L. Higher Secondary School
- Saraswati Higher Secondary School
- Gyan Sagar School
- Friends Higher Secondary School
- Shri Guru Kripa Gyanarjen Vidhya Mandir
How to Reach
Sohagpur is well connected by rail route as well as roadways. It has a station about 50 km from Itarsi Junction. Many trains stop here. To reach by bus or taxi, you need to travel on state highway 22. This lies at distance of 50 km from Hoshangabad and 125 km from Bhopal. If you are traveling by air then, Bhopal is the nearest airport.
Places to Visit Nearby
The places of interest near Sohagpur are Madai, a wildlife sanctuary, which is about 20 km and Pachmarhi, a well known hill station, which is about 72 km,there are many hotels in pachmarhi which runs by private and government bodies.mp tourism hotels and 2 private resort/cottages are situated away from hooch pouch market area. Chunmun cottage pachmarhi 9424434599 is one of them. Anhonee a warm water estury, some 50 km away. There are 6 or 7 private hotels in madai.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Sohagpur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.