|Service area||North London
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||30 (September 2013)|
|Fleet||63 (September 2013)|
|Chief executive||Dean Sullivan|
Sullivan Buses is a bus company based in South Mimms, Hertfordshire, England. Founded in 1998, it operates local bus services in and around Hertfordshire including school services, rail replacement bus services in and near London, bus links in Surrey to and from Thorpe Park and vehicle hire for television programmes.
Sullivan Buses operates public and school bus routes in Hertfordshire and North London. Rail replacement work, particularly on the London Underground, is also operated, in 2004 it contributed to two-thirds of the company's turnover of £3 million. Sullivan Buses vehicles frequently appear in film and television broadcasts and advertisements, partially because of the company's location close to the Elstree Studios, by August 2007, 20 different buses had been used in over 30 productions.
In January 2005, Sullivan Buses purchased Southlands Travel, Pollhill in Kent, but this operation ceased in February 2007, some of the routes passing to Griffin Bus, who operated initially from Pollhill before moving to Longfield. In May 2011 Griffin Bus also ceased operating and their routes transferred over to other operators.
South Mimms (SM)
On 4 February 2012, Sullivan Buses commenced operating route 298.
On 31 August 2013, Sullivan Buses commenced operating route 626.
Bus types in use
- Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Dart 10.2m (AE) for route 298
- Dennis Dart SLF 8.8m / Caetano Nimbus (DN) for route 398
- Dennis Dart SLF 10.8m / Plaxton Pointer 2 (DP) for route 306
- Dennis Trident 2 9.9m / Alexander ALX400 (ALX) for routes 628, 653, 683 and 688
- TransBus Trident 2 9.9m & 10.5m / TransBus President (PDL/TPL) for routes 628, 653, 683 and 688
- Volvo B7TL 10.1m & 10.6m / East Lancs Myllennium Vyking (ELV) for routes 626, 628, 653, 683 and 688
- Volvo B9TL 10.4m / Wright Eclipse Gemini (WVL) for routes 628, 653, 683 and 688
Sullivan Buses operate a maintenance facility based at North Mymms providing services to all of Sullivan's fleet.
Sullivan Buses have a mixed variety of vehicles in their fleet:
- 1 Leyland Titan (T890) (Preserved)
- 1 MCW Metrobus (M2) (Preserved)
- 11 Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart (AE1-5, AE11-16) (AE11-16 for TfL tendered routes)
- Competition Commission - Summary of hearing with Sullivan Buses Ltd on 30 September 2004 Competition Commission
- History Sullivan Buses
- Brown, Peter (August 2007). "When buses must pass the screen test". Buses (Ian Allan Publishing) (629): 30–32.
- Film & Television Hire Sullivan Buses
- Public Bus Services Sullivan Buses
- Bus tender results Route 298 Transport for London 23 May 2011
- Bus tender results Route 628/688 Transport for London 12 October 2011
- Bus tender results Route 653/683 Transport for London 12 October 2011
- Bus tender results Route 626 Transport for London 20 December 2012
- Fleetlist Sullivan Buses
- Bus Fleet Sullivan Buses
- PJ52 BYP
- GD52 SYC
- G504 VYE
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sullivan Buses.|