The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
|The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show|
|Created by||Henson Associates, Inc.|
|Directed by||Jim Henson|
|Produced by||Jim Henson
Diana Birkenfield (co-producer)
Martin Baker (associate producer)
|Written by||Buz Kohan
|Music by||Joe Raposo
Lenny La Croix
|Editing by||Geoff Cragin|
|Original airing||September 17, 1982|
|Running time||50 min.|
Miss Piggy hosts her own variety show, with the help of guest stars John Ritter, George Hamilton, and Tony Clifton (Andy Kaufman). A romantic triangle develops between Piggy, Ritter (who is in love with her), and Hamilton (who is uncomfortable with her romantic inclinations). Meanwile, Kermit the Frog and the other Muppets try to run the show from a control room.
- The Muppet Show characters:
- Principal Muppet performer Jerry Nelson does not perform in this special. This was because of his daughter Christine Nelson's death occurring the same month the special had aired.
- Muppet performer Steve Whitmire can be spotted as a back-up singer throughout the show.
- Henson employee Jocelyn Stevenson can be spotted as an audience member.
- An Ernie and Bert segment from Sesame Street can be seen on some of the monitors in the control room.
- Later syndicated alongside The Muppet Show.
- Taped in Toronto between August 9 and 24 1982.
- John Ritter as Himself
- George Hamilton as Himself
- Andy Kaufman as Tony Clifton
- Tom Harvey as Mr. Kevin T. Gregory, Pretend Network V.P.
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo the Great, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Richard Hunt as Janice, Scooter, Beaker
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat
- Miss Piggy Fantastically Performed by: Frank Oz
- Wonderfully Produced and Directed by: Jim Henson
- Delightfully Co-Produced by: Diana Birkenfield
- Humorously and Interestingly Written by: Buz Kohan and Henry Beard
- Incredible Associate Producer: Martin Baker
- Music Rapturously Arranged and Conducted by: Joe Raposo
- Dazzling Art Director: Ray Klausen
- Spectacular Choreography by: Anita Mann
- Brilliant Light Director: John Rook
- Divine Costume Designer: Ann Hollywood
- Miss Piggy's Stunning Gowns: Calista Hendrickson
- Jim Henson's Consummate Muppets: Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, Kathryn Mullen, Karen Prell, Steve Whitmire
- Pretend Network V.P.: Tom Harvey
- Superb Production Consultant: Al Lowenstein
- Marvelous Set Director: Michael Corenblith
- Gorgeouss Assistant Choreography: Jeffrey Hornaday
- Delicious Dance Music: Lenny La Croix
- Miss Piggy's Adoring Staff: Polly Smith, Rollie Krewson, Mimi Kinglsey
- Tantalizing Technical Director: Ken Brown
- Audacious Audio: Doug Drew, Peter Mann
- Electrifying Lighting Director: Fred Sainsbury
- Discrimintating Editor: Geoff Craigen
- Macho Stage Manager: Brad Turner
- Superlative Production Assistant: Pat Craigen
- Sublime Production Assistant: Ritamarie Peruggi
- Passionate Production Manager: David Lalonde