Daniel at the New York Comic Con in Manhattan, October 10, 2010.
|Born||Antonio Salvador Daniel|
Antonio Salvador Daniel, known professionally as Tony Daniel or Tony S. Daniel, is an American comic book writer and artist, known for his work on various books for DC Comics, including Teen Titans, Flash: The Fastest Man Alive and Batman.
|This section requires expansion with: Early life before career. (January 2011)|
After working with Image Comics and Marvel Comics, he gained status at DC Comics with his run on Teen Titans with writer Geoff Johns. He finished out the short lived Flash: The Fastest Man Alive series with Marc Guggenheim from issues #11-13, which ended with Bart Allen's death.
From there, Daniel began his current work for the main Batman title with writer Grant Morrison, beginning his run with issue #670. This issue began the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul crossover. He and Morrison collaborated on the major Batman R.I.P. during that time. After "R.I.P.", Daniel wrote and illustrated Battle for the Cowl, the main mini-series dealing with the story's aftermath.
After Judd Winick and Mark Bagley's four-issue run on Batman, Tony Daniel took over for a six-issue arc handling both writing and art duties. Daniel worked with Grant Morrison again on issue #701-702. He returned as writer and artist starting with issue #704 in November 2010 with his arc on Batman coming to an end at issue #712.
Shortly after, Daniel was announced as the writer and artist of the relaunched Detective Comics, which was dubbed DC's flagship series. In addition, he was announced as the writer of DC's The Savage Hawkman series, which he would stay on until the eighth issue. Daniel stayed on Detective Comics until the twelfth issue, by which time he released an annual for the series as well. Following this, Daniel was announced as the artist for a two issue stint on the second volume of Justice League. He was subsequently announced as the primary artist accompanying Andy Diggle on Action Comics, following Grant Morrison's departure. However, after Diggle left the title with only one issue (#19) completed (Diggle was co-writer for #20 and co-plot issue #21), Daniel took on the scripting and art duties for the two following issues completing the 3-part story "Hybrid" after which he too announced he would depart the series to work on a massive project for DC. This project was then announced to be Superman/Wonder Woman, with Daniel on as the artist.
- Shattered Image #1, 4
- Spawn #38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48
- Spawn: Bloodfeud #1-4
- Tales of the Witchblade #1
- Witchblade #9, 78-79
- F5 #1-4, preview, origin
- Silke #1-4
- Adrenalynn: Weapon of War #1-4
- The Tenth #1-14
- The Tenth Configuration (sourcebook)
- The Tenth: Abuse of Humanity #1-4
- The Tenth #0
- The Tenth #1/2
- The Tenth Special (collecting 1/2 and zero)
- The Tenth: Blackout TPB
- The Tenth: Black Embrace #1-4
- The Tenth: Darkk Dawn #1
- The Tenth: Evil's Child #1-4
- The Tenth: Nightwalker #1-4
- Tomb Raider #35-36
- Humankind #1-5
- Batman #670-681 (cover for 675), writer and artist for #692-699 and artist only #700-702, cover for #703, writer and artist for #704-707, writer only for #710-712.
- Batman: Battle For the Cowl #1-3
- Countdown Presents: The Search for Ray Palmer - Crime Society(cover only)
- DC Universe #0 (3 page interior that preludes to Batman: R.I.P.)
- Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #11-13
- Nightwing #138 (cover only)
- Teen Titans #26, 29-31, 34-37, 39-40, 43-44 (covers #26, 29-46, & 48)
- Teen Titans and Outsiders: Secret Files and Origins 2005 (Cover and Teen Titans Hunt story)
- Detective Comics Volume 2 - #0-12, Annual #1 (Writer and artist)
- The Savage Hawkman - #1-8 (Writer only)
- Justice League Volume 2 - #13-14 (Artist only)
- Action Comics Volume 2 - #19-21 (penciller for #19, writer and artist for #20-21)
- Superman/Wonder Woman - #1-12 (Artist only)
- Deathstroke Volume 3 - #1- (Writer and artist)
Dark Horse Comics
- Interview of Bart Allen's death, June 23, 2007
- Talking Batman R.I.P. with Tony Daniel, Newsarama, May 13, 2008
- Creating Batman: Battle for the Cowl, IGN, December 19, 2008
- Tony Daniel - Batman: Battle for the Cowl's Field Marshall, Newsarama, December 22, 2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tony Daniel.|
- Tony Daniel at the Comic Book DB
|Teen Titans artist
|The Flash artist
J.H. Williams III
|Detective Comics writer
|Detective Comics artist