Tororo Girls School
|Tororo Girls School|
|Tororo, Tororo District
|Type||Public Middle School and High School|
|Motto||"Light for life"|
|Athletics||Soccer, Cricket, Track, Netball, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Hockey.|
The school is located in the Eastern Ugandan town of Tororo, approximately 210 kilometres (130 mi), by road, east of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. This location lies approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, outside of the central business district of Tororo, along the Tororo-Malaba Road. The coordinates of the school campus are:0°39'57.0"N, 34°11'21.0"E (Latitude:0.665833; Longitude:34.189167).
Some of the notable women who have attended Tororo Girls School include the following:
- Jennifer Musisi - Lawyer & Administrator. First Executive Director of Kampala Capital City Authority, 2011–Present
- Dr. Susan Akello - Physician at Nakasero Hospital, in Kampala
- Nancy Oloro Robarts - Author, teacher and journalist. Attended TGS before joining Makerere University.
- Namirembe Bitamazire - Former Minister of Education in the Ugandan Cabinet. She served as the Principal of TGS from 1971 until 1974.
- Eremu, John (12 February 2006). "Are Single-Sex Schools Better Academically?". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Tororo Girl's School With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Map Showing Downtown Tororo And Tororo Girls School With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Tororo Girls School At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Natukunda, Carol (8 May 2009). "Akello Refused To Take A No For An Answer". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Ogwang, Joel (28 January 2009). "“I'm Still Around“ Says Minister Bitamazire". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 21 April 2015.