|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Type||Desktop replacement laptop|
|Release date||October 22, 2009 (current generation)
July 25, 2006 (original release)
The Qosmio series is Toshiba's consumer-marketed line of high performance desktop replacement laptops. The laptop was first released on July 25, 2004 as the E15-AV101 with a 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium M CPU, 512 megabytes of DDR SDRAM, and a 15 inch XGA 1,024 by 768 screen. Toshiba's most powerful laptop has undergone many revisions, with focus shifting from high-end multimedia functionality to heavy gaming. The current line, the X70 series, was released in 2013, featuring an Intel Core i7 processor with up to 32 gigabytes of DDR3 SDRAM and an nVidia Geforce GTX 770M as well as an 17.3 inch Full HD display.
The Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 is the first production notebook made available with an HD DVD-compatible drive. The Qosmio G35 line also functioned as a Digital Video Recorder as it contains an integrated TV tuner.
Focus for the Qosmio has shifted from full-fledged multimedia to high end gaming with high quality graphics and audio. This can be seen in the first Qosmio, the E15-AV101, which offered a 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium M 735 CPU, 512 megabytes of DDR SDRAM, a 15 inch XGA 1,024 by 768 screen, and an nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 with 64 MB of dedicated DDR video memory, all of which were relatively powerful for the time. The X500 has an Intel Core i7 processor with up to 6 gigabytes of DDR3 SDRAM as well as an 18.4 inch HD display powered by an nVidia Geforce GTX 460M with 1.5 GB GDDR5. These components, on the other hand, are on the high end of the spectrum in performance.
Released on January 4, 2009, the Qosmio X300 models offered not only HD DVD reading capabilities but also writing capabilities in either 15GB or 30GB capacities. External audio/video controls were also added to allow for one touch recording. A remote control is available to allow control within 20 feet of the laptop. The X305 is red with flames around its back. The X300 replaces the Satellite X200.
- Toshiba Satellite X305 Models include: Q701, Q705, Q706, Q708, Q710, Q711, Q7113, Q712, Q715, Q720, Q7201, Q7203, Q725, Q7253, SP6828A, SP6828C, SP6828R. core2duo and Quad core processors available - GeForce 9700M GTS 512mb graphics available (individual cards; not sli)
Released on October 22, 2009, the X500 comes in many models, including: the X505-Q830, X505-Q832, X505-Q850, X505-Q870, X505-Q875, X505-Q880, and the X500-S1801. The X500 series introduced multi-touch capabilities to its trackpad. It supports Blu-ray playback but only some models are able to write Blu-ray disks. The X500 has a much simpler black and red accented design than its predecessor, the X300.
- Other X500 models include: Qosmio brand- Models include: X500-PQX33A, X500-Q840S, X500-Q895S, X500-Q900S, X500-Q930X, X500-S1801, X500-S1811, X500-S1812, X500-S1812X
Released on June 14, 2011 Qosmio X770 and X775 series and on Aug.9, 2011 the F755 3D laptop.
Released in 2012 Qosmio X870 series.
Released in 2013 Qosmio X70 series.
|Chipset||Mobile Intel PM45 Express||Intel 55PM Express|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo (P8700 at 2.53 GHz with 3 MB of L2 cache or T9550 at 2.66 GHz with 6 MB of L2 cache)
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q9000 at 2.0 GHz with 6 MB of L2 cache)
Intel Core 2 Extreme (QX9300 at 2.53 GHz with 12 MB of L2 cache)
|1.6 GHz Intel Core i7 "Clarksfield" 720QM, 1.73 GHz Intel Core i7 740QM, 2.00 GHz Intel Core i7 2630QM, or 2.53 GHzIntel Core i5 "Arrandale"|
|Memory||4GB DDR3 1066 (expandable to 8GB)||4GB DDR3 1066, 6GB DDR3 1066 (Q850) (expandable to 8GB), or 8GB DDR3 1333 (Q930X)|
|Graphics||2 nVidia GeForce 9800M GTS cards with 512 MB of dedicated GDDR3 each in Scalable Link Interface
1 nVidia GeForce 9800M GTX with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR3 (X305-Q725)
|1 nVidia GeForce GTS 250 M with 1 GB of GDDR5
1 nVidia GeForce GTS 360 M with 1 GB of GDDR5
1 nVidia GeForce GTX 460M with 1.5 GB of GDDR5
|Front Side Bus||1066 MHz||No FSB; uses 1xQPI 6.4 GT/s|
|Hard drive||320 GB 7200rpm SATA HD (Q830 and Q832); 64 GB SATA Solid State Drive and a 320 GB SATA 7200rpm hard drive for a total of 384 GB (Q850)||320 to 500GB 7200rpm SATA HD with an optional second 64 GB SATA Solid State Drive in select models
or 1TB (500GB 7200rpm+500GB Hybrid drive 7200 RPMwith 4GB SSD built-in ).
|Display||17" widescreen display at 1680×1050||18.4" display at 1680×945 (HD+)or 1920×1080 (Full HD)|
|Webcam||1.3 megapixels||1.3 megapixels|
|Connectivity||802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 2.1, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire) port, 1 Headphones audio out port, 1 Microphone audio in port, 1 e-SATA||802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 2.1, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire) port, 1 Headphones audio out port, 1 Microphone audio in port, 1 e-SATA, 1 SPDIF|
|Audio||Harman Kardon 4.1 surround sound with two tweeters, two bass reflex speakers, and a subwoofer||Harman Kardon stereo speakers |
|Dimensions||12" × 16.2" × 1.7"||11.6" × 17.4" × 1.63"|
|Weight||9 lb. (4.08 kg)||10.23 lb. (4.64 kg)|
|Operating system||Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate, with dual-boot 32-bit and 64-bit||Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit|
This section encompasses current models only:
- 2 DDR3 memory slots supporting up to 8GB
- 5-in-1 Media Adapter supporting Secure Digital Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, MultiMediaCard, and xD-Picture Card
- 1 each of VGA and HDMI ports
The Qosmio F10 and G10 series, both early models, were plagued with chipset issues. When a defective unit[clarification needed] was under considerable load for an extended period of time, the video chipset on the board was known to fail, causing considerable interference on the display and/or complete motherboard failure.
- "Qosmio G35-AV600 Detailed Product Specification". Toshiba. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Toshiba Laptop Families At a Glance". Toshiba. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Ackerman, Dan (19 October 2009). "Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q850". cnet. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Somers, Asa; Jaffe, Justin (editor) (8 November 2004). "Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101". Cnet.com. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101 Laptop (1.70 GHz Pentium M (Centrino), 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW/CD-RW Drive)". Amazon.com. 25 July 2004. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "TOSHIBA Qosmio X505-Q850 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM 18.4" 6GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD + 64GB SSD HDD BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M - Retail". newegg. Retrieved 22 November 2009.
- "Toshiba launch the Qosmio X500-Q930S laptop". Geek with Laptop.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X505 Series 18.4-Inch Laptop". Amazon.com. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X305 17.0-Inch Laptop". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Joseph, Cliff (26 May 2009). "Toshiba Qosmio X300-13W laptop". www.reghardware.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "X505-Q830 : Detailed Product Specs". Toshiba. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "X505-Q832 : Detailed Product Specs". Toshiba. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "X505-Q850 : Detailed Product Specs". Toshiba. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X500/X505 Laptop - Insider Review Vide0". YouTube, Toshiba. 22 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Qosmio : X500". Toshiba. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "QOSMIO X300 SERIES". Toshiba. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Qosmio X505-Q850". Toshiba. 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "Compare Laptops". Toshiba. Retrieved 5 December 2009.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q725". cnet. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q850". cnet. 19 October 2009. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Goldman, Joshua; Ackerman, David (16 April 2009). "Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q725". cnet. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "TOSHIBA Qosmio X505-Q830 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM 18.4" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M - Retail". newegg. Retrieved 22 November 2009.
- "Toshiba Qosmio X305 17.0-Inch Laptop". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "qosmio F10 issues". Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Notebook Review AV650, Qosmio G30 / Qosmio G35 Review
- PC World G35-AV600 Review
- PC Mag Qosmio G25-AV513 review
- Laptopical G35-AV600 review
- Toshiba Qosmio ® X500 Laptop Series
- Toshiba Qosmio ® X770 Laptop Series
- Toshiba Serves Up Elite Mobile Performance With Qosmio X770 and Qosmio X775 3D Series Laptops