University of Kuala Lumpur
|Universiti Kuala Lumpur|
|Universiti Kuala Lumpur|
Seal of the Universiti Kuala Lumpur
|Motto||Where Knowledge Is Applied|
|Type||Private (wholly Owned by Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA))|
|Chancellor||KDTYM Tengku Abdullah Ibni Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al Musta'in Billah|
|President||Prof. Dato' Dr. Abdul Hakim Juri|
|Students||20,500 students (local and international students)|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Campus||12 institutes spread across 11 campuses|
Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) is a multi-campus university technical university with its main campus based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Rated as a Tier-5 "Excellent University" by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia in 2009 and 2011, UniKL has 12 institutes spread across 11 campuses throughout Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur, Gombak, Cheras, Bangi, Kajang, Sepang, Taboh Naning, Pasir Gudang, Ipoh, Lumut and Kulim.
Programmes offered 
Each institute or campus under UniKL has a specialisation. Educational programmes of UniKL are accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
Campuses and institutes 
In 2012 the university had around 20,500 local and international students studying at 11 campuses throughout the country, offering educational programs at professional certificate, Diploma, Degree, and postgraduate levels in the following fields:
- Automation & Industrial Maintenance
- Mechatronics, Air-Conditioning
- Machine Building & Metal Fabrication
- Product Design & Precision Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Animation & Multimedia
- Food Technology, Chemical & Bioengineering
- Environmental Technology
- Naval Architecture
- Marine Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Technology
- Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication
- Quality Engineering & Industrial Logistics
- Medical & Allied Health Sciences
- Business, Entrepreneurship & Islamic Finance
- Oil & Gas
The university provides foundation programmes to prepare students for entry into the degree studies. Alternatively, students with only SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) or O-level equivalent can apply to do the diploma programmes. Students who have a recognised diploma may apply for entry into the degree programmes with credit transfer.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute (UniKL MFI) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute was incorporated in February 1995 as a collaborative project between Malaysia and France. The institute, located in Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor became a branch campus of Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2003. The technical programmes offered in the institute were mostly developed in collaboration with education institutions in France. The UniKL MFI specialises in the fields of Industrial Automation, Robotics, Mechatronics, Automotive & Industrial Maintenance, Metal Fabrication and Refrigeration/Air Conditioning. The institute also prepare excellent students for further studies in France at Degree and Master levels.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysia France Institute,
- Seksyen 14, Jalan Teras Jernang, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute (UniKL BMI) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute (UniKL BMI) was set up as a result of a partnership between the Malaysian and British government in 1998. Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA), representing the Malaysian government provided the infrastructure and manpower while the British government contributed support and expertise through industries such as the BAE Systems, British Airways, Standard Chartered Bank (M) Bhd and Rolls Royce as well as its institutions which include Wigan & Leigh College and the University of Hertfordshire. The institute specializes in Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Technology.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute (UniKL BMI)
- Batu 8 Jalan Sungai Pusu, 53100 Gombak, Selangor.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Spanish Institute (UniKL MSI) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Spanish Institute (UniKL MSI) began its operation at a temporary campus in August 2002 and moved to its main campus which is built on a 39-acre (160,000 m2) piece of land in Kulim Hi Tech Park, Kedah in December 2003. A collaborative effort between the Malaysian and Spanish government, UniKL MSI offers automotive manufacturing engineering programmes with a combination of theoretical training and practical application.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Spanish Institute (UniKL MSI)
- Kulim Hi Tech Park, 09000 Kulim, Kedah.
Malaysian Institute of Information Technology, Universiti Kuala Lumpur City Campus (MIIT, UniKL) 
Formerly known as Institut Infotech MARA, Malaysian Institute of Information Technology (MIIT) has provided IT education since 1982. It started off as Electronic Data Processing School of MARA and its objective then was to impart knowledge in computer programming. It has diversified the programmes that it offers in order to realise the 9th Malaysia Plan which includes generating a skilled ICT workforce MIIT has the support of industries such as CISCO and IBM Malaysia.
- Malaysian Institute of Information Technology,
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur, 1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Aviation Technology (UniKL MIAT) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Instiute of Aviation Technology was established in
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Aviation Technology(UniKL MIAT)
- Lot 2891 Jalan Jenderam Hulu, 43800 Dengkil, Selangor.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Chemical and Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Chemical and Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET) is an institution of higher learning in the country that provides chemical based technology education. It is located within the Bio Valley of Malaysia.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
- Lot 1988 Taboh Naning, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, 78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET) 
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET) was established in collaboration between Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) and International Training Australia (ITA) that represented the Australian government as a training provider. It aims to offer industry specific courses which will produce manpower for the maritime industry. Its permanent campus is located in Lumut, Perak, relatively known as the home base of the Royal Malaysian Navy equipped with ports and wharfs and one of the centres for maritime industry in Malaysia.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
- Dataran Industri Kejuruteraan Marin, Bandar Teknologi Maritim, Jalan Pantai Remis, 32200 Lumut, Perak.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College of Medicine Perak (UniKL RCMP) 
Becoming part of Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2005, Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College of Medicine Perak (UniKL RCMP) offers programmes in medicine & surgery, nursing, pharmacy and radiography. UniKL RCMP works closely with Ipoh Hospital, Perak, in developing its curriculum and in providing the opportunity for its graduates to experience practical training.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College of Medicine Perak (UniKL RCMP)
- No. 3 Jalan Greentown, 30450 Ipoh, Perak.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Product Design and Manufacturing (UniKL IPROM) 
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Product Design and Manufacturing (UniKL IPROM)
- Level G – 2nd 119 Jalan 7/91, Taman Shamelin Perkasa, 3.5 miles Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Industrial Technology (UniKL MITEC) 
UniKL MITEC, formerly known as UniKL Pasir Gudang, specialises in Industrial Process Instrumentation and Control Engineering. The ground-breaking ceremony of UniKL Pasir Gudang worth RM 196.5 million on a 24 hectare piece of land was officiated by the former Minister of Entrepreneur and Co-operative Development, Dato’ Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin in March 2008. The campus was ready in 2010 at Pasir Gudang with the maximum capacity of 1,500 students. UniKL MITEC offers Diploma and Bachelor programmes in Industrial Logistics and Quality Engineering.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Industrial Technology (UniKL MITEC)
- Jalan Persiaran Sinaran Ilmu, Bandar Seri Alam, 81750 Masai, Johor.
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Medical Science Technology (UniKL MESTECH) 
MESTECH fulfils the needs for trained biomedical technologists, Clinical Laboratory Science, and Environmental Health Science.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Institute of Medical Science Technology (UniKL MESTECH)
- A1-1 Jalan TKS 1, Taman Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang
Universiti Kuala Lumpur Business School (UniKL Business School, UniKL City Campus) 
This 31-storey city campus building has 7,201 square feet of lobby area with one mezzanine level, made into a student counselling and discussion area. Facilities include sick bay, gym, Bestari Lecture Hall which fits 225 people, three storeys as the library area with an IT Resource Centre, six incubators, 30 lecture rooms and a studio. Levels 4 to 24 are used for academic purposes mainly lectures. Level 25 onwards are the administration levels, which house the Deans’ Offices, Institute for Research & Postgraduate Studies, Centre for Preparatory Studies, Centre for Teaching & Learning, Centre for Quality Assurance, Centre for Student Entreprenership, Administration, Finance, Human Resource, Corporate Affairs and Entrepreneur Development and Innovation Divisions.
The 31 laboratories include Multimedia Lab, JAVA/Ms.NET Lab, Rational Lab, Networking Lab, CAD-CAM Lab, CNC Simulators Lab, CAD & Design Lab, CCM & Metrology Lab, Mechanical & Materials Lab, Mechatronics Lab, Graduates’ Project Lab, Analog Lab and Language Lab.
The President’s Office is located on the 31st floor of the building.
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur Business School (UniKL Business School, UniKL City Campus)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur, 1016 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.